Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imgdoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know not many IMGs post here but i was hoping you guys could help me out.

I am Fresh Grad

Step1:244 Step2: 252

Observership: 6 weeks

I am also scheduled for

Research at Mayo for 1 month starting july

Research at MGH for 8 to 10 weeks.

I would like to know if i was good enough for competitive programs? i was looking at places like UAB, Emory, Mayo..... Do they take in imgs? what kind of IMGs do they consider?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am not an IMG, US trained, but when I was interviewing, I did notice that there were IMG's at emory and UAB. I believe there were some up at Mayo as well.

Thanks muscles... I appreciate your help...

What I was also looking for is what kind of international applicants match into these programs?? What are their credentials??

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks muscles... I appreciate your help...

What I was also looking for is what kind of international applicants match into these programs?? What are their credentials??

I have seen IMG's at some top programs... your USMLE scores will definetly help you and so will your research... another big factor is your actual school. PD's may view diff foreign schools differently.... for example carrib grads that come from the bigger name schools have an easier time than those who come from schools that have recently been accredited by WHO.

Regardless, give it a shot! and good luck... I saw plenty of IMG's on the interview trail and at some of the best places (including BID, MGH, Cornell etc.... )

GOOD LUCK :)
Ocean11

Thanks ocean11.....

Anyone else from one of these programs??