help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samham

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have been reading your posts for over a year and I have finally got the nerve to post! You guys have really helped me realize how osteopathic med is the path for me.

Long story short, I have been accepted to DMU, UHS, UMDNJ, and NYCOM. I have narrowed my choices to DMU and UHS. I feel really comfortable at both the schools so I am having a really hard time deciding between the two. I love the curriculum at UHS, but I have heard that DMU has a better reputation (thus better academically?).

I have throughly read about both of these schools on this forum, but please I need opinions.

Thanks,

Samham

Members don't see this ad.

Go to med-school where you are most comfortable. You get out what you put in. Besides the reputation is of little consequence when it come to the Boards. Go where you feel you will suceed.

Speaking from personal experience, of course, I find the curriculum at UHS awesome! I didn't even realize how great the curriculum was until I became immersed in the school.
However, to give an unbiased answer, I agree with JMJ, you need to go with your gut feeling. I interviewed at several schools and I just felt like UHS was a good match.
The reputation of a school won't matter as much as your board scores. I don't know the stats for DMU, but UHS has a 97% pass rate first time, and performed ABOVE the mean in every subject tested.
Good luck in your decisions- I am sure you will be happy at either school!