Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTwannabeDoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I would consider myself non-traditional from the way I am looking to get into med school.
I am a PT with a Masters and a DPT(Doctorate of PT), very interested in getting into med school.
I have a high gpa(3.85) but got a very low MCAT score twice(210, 240). Just seeing if people think my background in PT and courses that are very similiar to some medical courses, if this would help get into med school.

I know the low MCAT hurts, but is there any chance at all? Would this even consider me as non-traditional?!?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You are definitely a non-trad applicant. You have two choices to get into medicine: I think with a high gpa and 24O MCAT you havea decent shot at a D.O. school (depending on how that 24 breaks down). The other option is to aim to re-take and get a higher MCAT (something in the high 20s would probably give you a decent shot at MD (likely to your in-state, depending on what state you are from (probably not in CA)) and DO).

Last edited:
Thanks for the message!

Break down of MCAT: P9 B7 V8 Writing O
I have taken the MCAT twice, studying hard and even doing Kaplan, I don't know if it is worth another 2 G's to take a course again and only improve 3 points, plus waste another 3 months of my life studying basic sciences.

Thanks for the advice tho!