May 25, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I really need some advice, any advice/pointers/tips.

This is my 2nd ever job interview for pharmacist position since getting licensed in November. I had an interview in January which I completely bombed cause I was too nervous and pretty much walked away knowing I wouldn't get hired.

I'll be talking to a recruiter tomorrow for Aerotek, not the recruiter for the company that is hiring though. All I know is that the job is part-time, MTW 430p-800p. Didn't give the name of the company but it sounds like a mail-order pharmacy.

It'd be my first-time working at a mail-order but I have plenty of experience in the retail setting.

What kind of questions should I ask and what are the typical questions I would get?

I really, really need this job.

Thanks for any/all responses

IndustryPharmD

Here to Help
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2007
High Tax State
Status
Pharmacist
Is that a phone interview or in-person?

In any case, calm your nerves first. It's sad when candidates look and/or sound desperate. Get a good night's sleep, dress up (I personally feel a lot more confident with some nice heels on), eat a tasty breakfast.

Think of relevant questions to ask.

Show sincere (it doesn't have to be completely sincere, but it does have to sound that way) interest in that position. That is accomplished, in part, by asking good questions.

If you are inexperienced with interviews, practice. With a friend or with a webcam. Your face or your voice may not come across the way you think they do. Practice that rather than the exact things you are going to say (you don't want to sound rehearsed).

Think of the questions they are likely to ask and how you would respond to them.

Think of your experiences you would like to highlight.

Think of what you can bring to the table and make sure that gets across.

Think of why you are a good fit for that job and make sure that gets across.

Good luck!

OP
P
May 25, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Thanks, Industry.

I'm kinda at a dead-end however since I'm only interviewing in-person with Aerotek to see if I'm even worthy of having them send my resume to the mail-order pharmacy.

IndustryPharmD

Here to Help
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2007
High Tax State
Status
Pharmacist
I'm kinda at a dead-end however since I'm only interviewing in-person with Aerotek to see if I'm even worthy of having them send my resume to the mail-order pharmacy.
Well, if that's the attitude you are going in with, I am sure you will succeed in ensuring they do not send your resume on. :laugh:

bacillus1

10+ Year Member
May 27, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
I know for residency interviews I was advised to think of stories about myself to put me in a positive light. I think this can also be helpful for job interviews. If you think of some stories about when you did important things, each story can answer multiple "Tell me about a time when you _____" questions.

Its Z

Retired
7+ Year Member
May 15, 2010
Status
Pharmacist
Its sad when an interviewee is nervous and intimidated. You need to be able to turn an interview into a genuine conversation that goes back and forth not a question and answer session.

StevePerry

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
May 21, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
Its sad when an interviewee is nervous and intimidated. You need to be able to turn an interview into a genuine conversation that goes back and forth not a question and answer session.
I'll second Z's approach. It can be tough though if the person conducting the interview has the personality of the chair they're sitting on.

fattunesy

Living the IT life now...
7+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2010
Chicago
Status
Pharmacist
As my pappy once told me, everything in life is sales. Even if you are not selling a product you are selling YOURSELF. OP, look into behavioral based interviews. This is probably the route the recruiter will go with the questioning, so pre-prep some answers to these type of questions.

Good luck!

rxlea

Almost a unicorn
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
Just imagine you're having a conversation over a nice dinner and a glass of 1973 Chateau Montelena chardonnay with someone you admire. Relax. I second the asking good questions. Don't rush through a good meal.