Helpp!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdhj100770

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does ESL classes count as remedial when I fill out pharmcas coursework?

Members don't see this ad.

PharmCAS says it's up to the applicant to properly designate the level of a course. If you feel that it's a lower (fresh/soph) class then go ahead and put that. I feel that the category you classify a subject is rather subjective and somewhat pointless.

Members don't see this ad :)
ouch. i was just thinking about the latter situation.

Wow passion. I asked the forum a question, but you don't have to criticize me like that. You aren't smarter than me when it comes to school. So next time when you choose to reply do it politely or don't do it.

Wow passion. I asked the forum a question, but you don't have to criticize me like that. You aren't smarter than me when it comes to school. So next time when you choose to reply do it politely or don't do it.
Saw no criticism. He was simply fixing your sentence to make it easier to read.:thumbup:

You're going to need thicker skin than that.

Checkout this presentation on Pharmcas LINK

It pretty much states that Pharmcas doesn't care if a course is remedial or not. I wouldn't worry about it - if you are uber concerned, kick an email to pharmcas to verify.

If the course numbers begin with a 1 and up then it is not considered remedial eg. English 1301 vs Eng 0303.

Not necessarily. Depends heavily on the school as there is no standardized course numbering system.

Don't know. Maybe between campuses of the same system. I know that CCC vs UC is different and the numbering of equivalent courses between UCs is different (assuming that such a thing exists).

Doesn't each state has some kind of common numbering system when it comes to courses? At least Texas does.

Not Cali - even course numbering for state schools between different state schools is different and hectic.

Not Cali - even course numbering for state schools between different state schools is different and hectic.

There not exactly the same here. It's called the TCCN (Texas Common Course Number). It's just a way to group the many different course numbers among colleges and universities under a common umbrella to create less confusion I guess. For example Biology 1406 at one university and Biology 1053 at another university may be under the TCCN of Biology 1301 (based on course descriptions) that way both universities will know what the course entails based on that commonality.