pcat SCORE PLEASE HELPP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mistdiya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i took teh pcat on july 27 and my score was at a 76 percentile.
bt i took the january 2011 pcat and at teh time my score was 24 so it is like a 52 point improvemnt ... are tehy going to viod my score .. icannot find anythng on the website please helpppp

Members don't see this ad.

So i took teh pcat on july 27 and my score was at a 76 percentile.
bt i took the january 2011 pcat and at teh time my score was 24 so it is like a 52 point improvemnt ... are tehy going to viod my score .. icannot find anythng on the website please helpppp
I'd also like someone with accurate, reliable knowledge to clear this up. Seems like people believe a 50+ point increase means you score will not count, this is definitely not the case.

I'd imagine if anything that they would take time to review your score (look at videos, sound recordings, etc) and that's it. Don't worry unless you have a reason to.

Just found this at the Pearson website:
http://www.pearsonassessments.com/h...2011/Sections/PCAT-CIB-CancellationScores.pdf

"Cancellation of Scores Due to Questionable Score Gain

If an examinee's scores seem questionable when compared to PCAT scores obtained by the examinee during the previous 13-month period, the scores may be canceled. When scores are canceled for this reason, no scores will be reported to the examinee or to any score recipient schools.

Pearson follows a strict policy in determining when a score gain is questionable and thus invalid. The following explanation of this policy refers to scaled-score points, which are reported on the personal Score Report and the Official Transcripts.

• If the Composite scaled score and percentile rank earned on the test date in question are 50 or more points greater than the most recent Composite scores earned within the previous 13 months, an invalidation automatically occurs (including the Writing scores) due to the large score gain.

• The examinee is notified that his or her scores have been invalidated and that the scores will not be reported.

• If the examinee feels that the score gain of 50 or more Composite scaled score and percentile rank points was achieved through legitimate effort, the examinee must contact PCAT Customer Relations within 60 days of the last PCAT test date to submit an appeal (via mail or fax) and documentation as evidence to support the legitimacy of the score gain (a receipt for a PCAT prep course or study materials, a letter from a tutor, etc.). The documentation will be reviewed, and the examinee will be notified regarding the outcome of the appeal within 30 days of the time the appeal is received by Pearson. If the appeal is accepted, Pearson will release the Score Gain test scores. If the appeal is denied, the examinee may be allowed to
retake the PCAT after paying the appropriate fees."

Just found this at the Pearson website:
http://www.pearsonassessments.com/h...2011/Sections/PCAT-CIB-CancellationScores.pdf

"Cancellation of Scores Due to Questionable Score Gain

If an examinee’s scores seem questionable when compared to PCAT scores obtained by the examinee during the previous 13-month period, the scores may be canceled. When scores are canceled for this reason, no scores will be reported to the examinee or to any score recipient schools.

Pearson follows a strict policy in determining when a score gain is questionable and thus invalid. The following explanation of this policy refers to scaled-score points, which are reported on the personal Score Report and the Official Transcripts.

• If the Composite scaled score and percentile rank earned on the test date in question are 50 or more points greater than the most recent Composite scores earned within the previous 13 months, an invalidation automatically occurs (including the Writing scores) due to the large score gain.

• The examinee is notified that his or her scores have been invalidated and that the scores will not be reported.

• If the examinee feels that the score gain of 50 or more Composite scaled score and percentile rank points was achieved through legitimate effort, the examinee must contact PCAT Customer Relations within 60 days of the last PCAT test date to submit an appeal (via mail or fax) and documentation as evidence to support the legitimacy of the score gain (a receipt for a PCAT prep course or study materials, a letter from a tutor, etc.). The documentation will be reviewed, and the examinee will be notified regarding the outcome of the appeal within 30 days of the time the appeal is received by Pearson. If the appeal is accepted, Pearson will release the Score Gain test scores. If the appeal is denied, the examinee may be allowed to
retake the PCAT after paying the appropriate fees."
Wow this needs to be seen by every person who wants to retake. The people with low scores need to be prepared of proving their legitimacy by any means possible, sounds like they're pretty serious. How upsetting would it be to work months to improve your grade by that much only to be invalidated?? :eek: I feel sorry for people who are invalidated and are legit, as it's bound to happen with that kind of policy.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what do i need to prove that I studied for my PCAT and did not cheated?
What kind of documentation?
I dopnt have any recept for the stuffs i bought i used my friends books (she let me norrow it ) and i have proof of buyng dr. collins & my GPA is like 3.80 so should i just attach it to while I go appeal .. I dont know what to do now:mad:

So what do i need to prove that I studied for my PCAT and did not cheated?
What kind of documentation?
I dopnt have any recept for the stuffs i bought i used my friends books (she let me norrow it ) and i have proof of buyng dr. collins & my GPA is like 3.80 so should i just attach it to while I go appeal .. I dont know what to do now:mad:

Have you tried contacting Pearson to see what type of evidence would pertain to your situation?

Please don't shoot the messenger. :( I was also curious about the 50+ score gain = void score so when I searched, I saw the information from the candidate information booklet.
While I believe it is possible for someone to improve their score over 50 points in six months with legit studying, I would definitely call Pearson to see if they're going to "automatically" cancel your score.