Helppppp!!!! Scared!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Batmaan21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I took the "new" step 3 the previous two days -

So I mean I guess I survived the MCQs.....did the usual - felt like i was completely guessing on 25% and making "somewhat educated" guesses on another 25% - and of course, after I left the exam, I could think of plenty of the 50% that I supposedly knew, that I made dumb mistakes on....

Anyway, regarding the CCS...

So I'd say 8 or 9/12 ended really early, I followed standard of care, got to the diagnosis, clearly did the right thing, etc....

As for the other 3 -
One of them, I got the right diagnosis and treatment (outpatient), but it took me 5 "fake days" to get to that point, and it really shouldn't have - the "answer" came from a lab test and it should have been one of the first tests I ran....

Another, again, did relatively standard stuff to treat the patient, but a relatively routine thing tested on inpatients, I forgot to do with him, delayed it, and then when I did it (probably 6-12 fake hours late), it changed the managmenet plan.

And then the last one - a Peds case - I mean I completely blew it - I don't know what happened - I guess I just pigeon-holed my mind when I read the case initially, thinking it was one thing -and thne I'm pretty sure I completley blew it - I think I even forgot to order the most routine, obvious imaging......

Anyway, terrified, that I failed this thing......

Help!!! Anyone else have any bit of a similar experience and pass????

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the same boat... I just took Step 3 on Apr 30 and May 1, 2012. The first day was fine, I felt the same as I did in Step 1 & 2 (both of which I passed). The second day was not so good. The MCQs were fine but a few of the CCS cases threw me for a loop. I did everything right for the 3 that I botched up EXCEPT I didn't oreder the main diagnostic test! I can't even believe I did that, I feel so dumb.
The other 9 were ok but I'm sure I made mistakes here and there.
I'm so nervous now, thinking I might fail.
Has anyone done really poorly on CCS and still passed?

I made pretty awful mistakes on my cases. mostly from trying to rush though it.

I started hormone replacement therapy on a male patient (Misclick)

And got "no st elevation" confused with "st elevation" (Stupid thing doesn't let you actually SEE the EKG, they just tell you the read)

I still did fine.

Not sure what you would have to do to fail this thing.