HELPS WITH COURSE decisions!?

Started by valbona
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

valbona

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI im trying pick classes for the next semester. Im a freshman at a community college and i want to major in medicine.


So im trying to debate on these three biology classes, which do you guys recommend taking?

1.human anatomy & development
2. intro to botany
3. intro to microbiology



ALSO, should i take CALC 2??
 
You won't remember much of it going into med school, but I found the human body more interesting than plants and microbes (Microbio, however, is also a med school class).

As for Calc 2, is it a required class for the med schools you're applying to? Some schools require 1 year of college-level math, and only calculus, statistics, or CS will be considered. Other schools, I suppose, don't care.
 
HI im trying pick classes for the next semester. Im a freshman at a community college and i want to major in medicine.


So im trying to debate on these three biology classes, which do you guys recommend taking?

1.human anatomy & development
2. intro to botany
3. intro to microbiology



ALSO, should i take CALC 2??

You should take calc 2 also... some schools require it.

I have bolded the classes I think you should take, 1 and 3.

Make sure you transfer to a 4 year university, and that these credits are transferable. Also, because you're at a community college, I will suggest you take some upper level biology classes to show them your stuff.

Good luck! :luck: