Heme/Onc & Research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

friedcfood

USC-IM
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Research seems to be a must for Heme/Onc.

My questions is: Does it matter if my publications were done prior to medical school? Does it hold the same weight as reseach done during medical school or residency?

thanks.

Happy New Year!

Members don't see this ad.

assuming from your post that you have been published prior to med school. relax! that's better than i can claim! 0 publications here!

was your research in the field of heme/onc? if you have time you may want to get up with some heme/onc research. it will also help to make connections in the field and your program.

good luck,
o2s

Research seems to be a must for Heme/Onc.

My questions is: Does it matter if my publications were done prior to medical school? Does it hold the same weight as reseach done during medical school or residency?

thanks.

Happy New Year!

assuming from your post that you have been published prior to med school. relax! that's better than i can claim! 0 publications here!

was your research in the field of heme/onc? if you have time you may want to get up with some heme/onc research. it will also help to make connections in the field and your program.

good luck,
o2s

Thanks for the input...I did Onc research prior to med school. got several publications. So i think I may be set as for research interest/experience. But as you mentioned, the benefit of doing research during residency is to make connections. We'll see what happens...I'm ranking for IM programs and wanted to decide for myself if research needed to be a big part of my residency.

Thanks for your help and good luck too!