Here are my Stats, what are my chances for DPT or MPT programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caliboy09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! - New poster here, just registered. I was wondering if you guys can give me some information on my chances of getting into PT school. It seems like only 7% of applicants get accepted to PT programs in California schools. I'm looking to apply this Fall to schools in California and maybe Eastern Washington, Puget Sound, and UNLV. Currently considering applying to (in no particular order):

1. CSU Fresno
2. CSU Sacramento
3. CSU Long Beach
4. CSU Northridge
5. UOP
6. Samuel Merritt
7. USC (maybe not because of the cost)
8. Chapman
9. Western

Here are my stats:
Undergrad: University of California
Major: Biology
Overall GPA: 3.25
Pre-req GPA: 3.20
Last 45 quarter units (30 semester) GPA: 3.56
GREs: Verbal - 450, Math - 740, Writing - 4.5

Extra-Curric: President of PT club, Vice President of Community Service Club, Volunteer/Coordinator for a program dedicated to serving children with autism, Volunteer at senior center, Over 200 hours of community service work (do they even care about things like that???), Biology Club

Volunteer: 100 Outpatient hours, 120 Inpatient hours, Interned for 3 weeks for an overseas PT (cannot be counted towards hours because PT was not certified in the US)

--I'm thinking about re-taking my GREs just to boost up my verbal (so my cumulative score is over 1200) and try to get a 5 on my writing. I have letters of rec's from 1 professor and 2 PTs (one from out-patient and one from in-patient). Where do you guys think I stand in terms of the schools I've listed? Or should I consider out of state programs :confused::confused:??

Members don't see this ad.