Here are my stats-what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strength&Speed

Need more speed......
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bench press-275 lbs

Members don't see this ad.

100% if you have 225 or more on step 1. It's called rule of 500:bullcrap:.

Carpenter:boom:

I'm considering steroids so I don't look so out of place when I start residency in July.... The other three guys starting in my program are beasts, as prototypically ortho as you can get.

Members don't see this ad :)
IQ + Bench Press Wt. > 300

So really, it depends on your IQ.

My 1RM=365 lbs
Ortho please

275?? Come on bro, gotta be at least 315 (unless you weigh something like 175lbs).

As an MS3 I weighed 175 and my 2RM was 315.

Now I weigh more and can lift less. What a ripoff.

I know someone who bench presses 600 lbs in my class (for a grand total of one rep). He's definitely taking your ortho spot.

So you can just barely lift my penis. Big deal.

Oho so it's time for cock jokes on the ortho forum!

I'm scrubbed in on a carpal tunnel release with an ortho attending and an upper level, and the attending is pimping the resident on the location of the median nerve at various points of the forearm.

Attending: "So how deep do you think the nerve is right there?"

Resident: "...A centimeter? Centimeter and a half?"

Attending: "Oh, come on, *******. How thick is the whole forearm there?"

Resident: "****, 3 inches?"

Attending: "So the forearm is as deep as your cock is long, huh?"

Resident: "Sir, if this lady's forearm were as deep as my cock she'd be like f***ing Popeye with compartment syndrome."

This thread's getting better and better.

I know someone who bench presses 600 lbs in my class (for a grand total of one rep). He's definitely taking your ortho spot.

600 lbs? Are you sure Captain Alligator Arms will be able to perform surgery?

Members don't see this ad :)
600 lbs? Are you sure Captain Alligator Arms will be able to perform surgery?

If all else fails, he can always use his teeth to rip out the knee and insert the replacement at a later time.

Oho so it's time for cock jokes on the ortho forum!

I'm scrubbed in on a carpal tunnel release with an ortho attending and an upper level, and the attending is pimping the resident on the location of the median nerve at various points of the forearm.

Attending: "So how deep do you think the nerve is right there?"

Resident: "...A centimeter? Centimeter and a half?"

Attending: "Oh, come on, *******. How thick is the whole forearm there?"

Resident: "****, 3 inches?"

Attending: "So the forearm is as deep as your cock is long, huh?"

Resident: "Sir, if this lady's forearm were as deep as my cock she'd be like f***ing Popeye with compartment syndrome."

This thread's getting better and better.

:laugh:

Hey Tired that was great, I don't care what program you are they are now my 1st choice.

Funny the OP asks, I came into contact with an ortho residency director at my local gym and when he saw how much I bench pressed he offered me a spot as a PGY1 bypassing medical school, as an incentive he offered his wife to me as well. It was a hard decision, I am so confused on what to tell him!:scared:

Funny the OP asks, I came into contact with an ortho residency director at my local gym and when he saw how much I bench pressed he offered me a spot as a PGY1 bypassing medical school, as an incentive he offered his wife to me as well. It was a hard decision, I am so confused on what to tell him!:scared:

A classmate of mine also starting ortho residency wanted to give this line to interviewers who asked "why should we take you in our program?": "because I'll work hard, get along with people, and I won't truck your wife."

A classmate of mine also starting ortho residency wanted to give this line to interviewers who asked "why should we take you in our program?": "because I'll work hard, get along with people, and I won't truck your wife."

Me at an interview:

Program Director: "So, Dre, where do you see yourself in ten years?"

Me (to myself): Don't say "Doin' your wife," don't say "Doin' your wife," don't say "Doin' your wife..."

Me (out loud): "Doin' your...son?"

Me at an interview:

Program Director: "So, Dre, where do you see yourself in ten years?"

Me (to myself): Don't say "Doin' your wife," don't say "Doin' your wife," don't say "Doin' your wife..."

Me (out loud): "Doin' your...son?"

Wow, that sounds nothing like what peter said from an episode of family guy. Perhaps stop taking credit for other peopls words!

Wow, that sounds nothing like what peter said from an episode of family guy. Perhaps stop taking credit for other peopls words!

It's funnier in the context in which I put it. Perhaps recognize an obvious pop-culture reference when it is intended to be recognized.

:laugh: I'll keep that in mind when the time comes...

It's funnier in the context in which I put it. Perhaps recognize an obvious pop-culture reference when it is intended to be recognized.

Obviously I recognized the pop culture reference or I could not have called you oout, on trying to make us believe you are original. Get a clue son.

Obviously I recognized the pop culture reference or I could not have called you oout, on trying to make us believe you are original. Get a clue son.

I meant for it to be recognized. Read the post, "son."

If I'd been trying to pass it off as my own I wouldn't have made such an obvious quote. I will ignore further asinine comments or any more calling me oout, as calling people oout is unproductive.

Where is the respect these days on SDN...:rolleyes:

I meant for it to be recognized. Read the post, "son."

If I'd been trying to pass it off as my own I wouldn't have made such an obvious quote. I will ignore further asinine comments or any more calling me oout, as calling people oout is unproductive.

I read it, and I recognized it and called you out (not OOut). No need for immaturity by responding to this post. I was merely teaching you a life lesson. Learn it and move on with your life, boy.

I read it, and I recognized it and called you out (not OOut). No need for immaturity by responding to this post. I was merely teaching you a life lesson. Learn it and move on with your life, boy.

1) DrDre was making fun of YOU for your spelling mistake. :rolleyes:

2) Don't call random people on the internet "boy" and "son." Particularly not when they're older and more experienced than you are.

3) Don't be so rude and disrespectful, period.

1) DrDre was making fun of YOU for your spelling mistake. :rolleyes:

2) Don't call random people on the internet "boy" and "son." Particularly not when they're older and more experienced than you are.

3) Don't be so rude and disrespectful, period.

1) this Convo did not invite you to partake.2) stop being rude3) mind your own buisness, son.

Still lame.

touche. Your wit astounds.

1) this Convo did not invite you to partake.2) stop being rude3) mind your own buisness, son.

1) Didn't realize that you need an invitation to participate in an open thread in an open forum. Oh wait. That's because you don't. :rolleyes:

2) Who was being rude? I was just pointing out the obvious facts that you clearly missed the first time around.

3) Jesus F'ing Christ, I'm a girl. How many guys do you know would have a picture like that for an avatar?

head in the clouds, you are the turd in my ortho punch bowl. :(

3) Jesus F'ing Christ, I'm a girl. How many guys do you know would have a picture like that for an avatar?

It's probably because you're posting in an ortho forum. Obviously only guys would do so... oh, wait.

head in the clouds, you are the turd in my ortho punch bowl. :(

Um, eww. But I agree.

So how much does a girl have to bench press to get in? And considering I haven't lifted weights much since high school, I'm bad now. =(

So how much does a girl have to bench press to get in? And considering I haven't lifted weights much since high school, I'm bad now. =(

As long as you smile a lot, and wear a bikini to work, I don't think it should be a problem.