You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Here comes the government!!!
Started by MountainPharmD
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Going back to the original topic:
It's sad to see that when discussing improvements in the healthcare system all you worry about is your salary
It's sad to see that when discussing improvements in the healthcare system all you worry about is your salary
Who are you talking to?
Going back to the original topic:
It's sad to see that when discussing improvements in the healthcare system all you worry about is your salary
haha....well some of us live in reality and not some idealized world, and that reality includes being saddled with student loan debt, paying off mortgages, and wanting to not live with roommates anymore. Just an idea.
she is very scandalous in real life...only a few on here are lucky enough to have met her, and just wow. 😱![]()
Now what are you yakkin' about!?!
haha....well some of us live in reality and not some idealized world, and that reality includes being saddled with student loan debt, paying off mortgages, and wanting to not live with roommates anymore. Just an idea.
Seriously, wtf? You can't just lower everyone's salaries and keep tuition pegged at $40k+/year and not expect a lot of pissed off people.
This is not about greed, I just want to stop eating ramen and buying my wife pop-tarts for valentine's day at some point. Poverty sucks.
Now what are you yakkin' about!?!
i think you just got outed 😱
My wife got a flower I stole from a garden down the street. It doesn't look great and it doesn't smell nice either. Her card was a Christmas card we got last year. I used a permanent marker to line out all the "christmas" words and replaced them with Valentine's Day and turned snowflakes into hearts. Merry Valentine's Day doesn't have the same ring to it but hey, I can't be picky. I have a few years of out-of-state tuition to pay for!
Personally, I prefer real cold weather so I wouldn't mind something that sets up another ice age.
Personally, I prefer real cold weather so I wouldn't mind something that sets up another ice age.
I don't believe you.
What's up with all your prostitution references these days?Does anyone really consider Canada another country? It's just the US with better prostitution laws, really.
It must have something to do with working nights 😎
Does anybody feel like getting back on topic? If you folks grew up with single-payer health care, you'd prefer it, and furthermore...
...nevermind...
What's a good American beer? (I'm assuming such a thing exists; am I being generous?)
What's a good American beer? (I'm assuming such a thing exists; am I being generous?)
It doesn't exist. If you want real beer you need to go to:
Or any other German beer house....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some times I want to smack some people who come to the pharmacy counter.
I hate when medicaid,white trash, trailor park, meth head, oxycotin sellin, nascar lovin idiots come to the pharmacy to pick up their free soma, vicodin, whatever free emergency room visit "I am in pain" medicine and start going off on democrats and regurgitating rush and hannity and family values and all this other garbage.
I want to smack them in their dumb ass faces and say your getting free health care mostly because of democrats not because of republicans... get a job and quit listening to am radio.
I don't understand why the people that benifit the most from democratic philosophy vote republican, especially the whitte trailor park nascar loving poor people.
I hate when medicaid,white trash, trailor park, meth head, oxycotin sellin, nascar lovin idiots come to the pharmacy to pick up their free soma, vicodin, whatever free emergency room visit "I am in pain" medicine and start going off on democrats and regurgitating rush and hannity and family values and all this other garbage.
I want to smack them in their dumb ass faces and say your getting free health care mostly because of democrats not because of republicans... get a job and quit listening to am radio.
I don't understand why the people that benifit the most from democratic philosophy vote republican, especially the whitte trailor park nascar loving poor people.
It doesn't exist. If you want real beer you need to go to:
![]()
Or any other German beer house....
Whenever I go to Vegas I have to eat/drink at the HofbrauHaus there. Fun times... but take a cab.
I don't understand why the people that benifit the most from democratic philosophy vote republican, especially the whitte trailor park nascar loving poor people.
hey, what's wrong with nascar!
lol and if you're gonna make fun of WT "trailor park" people, you should at least spell it correctly. haha
There's a Hofbrauhaus not 10 minutes from me! Yessss. My only regret was spending nearly two months in Germany (not far from Munich) and never going to the original. 🙁
hey, what's wrong with nascar!
lol and if you're gonna make fun of WT "trailor park" people, you should at least spell it correctly. haha
I know I can't spell, but I can solve a differential equation or program a computer like you wouldn't believe.
I'm not makin fun anybody, but if your gonna be lazy and live off the system at least vote for someone that wants you too.
Hannity and Rush don't want you to go to a different emergency room every other night in the hopes a doctor will write you a percocet script cause your "allergic" to vicodin, and then come to my pharmacy in your WWF/Nascar/military/wife beater shirt talking about democrats are tree huggin wimps meanwhile you don't want the spacer to your kids albuterol cause medicaid won't pay for it, then complain that it should be free just like your #12 percocet.
IHannity and Rush don't want you to go to a different emergency room every other night in the hopes a doctor will write you a percocet script cause your "allergic" to vicodin, and then come to my pharmacy in your WWF/Nascar/military/wife beater shirt talking about democrats are tree huggin wimps meanwhile you don't want the spacer to your kids albuterol cause medicaid won't pay for it, then complain that it should be free just like your #12 percocet.
No...Rush has his maid do it for him....
Yeah certainly wasn't at post #13 with the mentioning of three completely unrelated topics.
YoungMeister,
This is not a political argument. I can mock Al Gore just like I can mock George Bush. My political affiliation has nothing to do with who I'll mock. Al Gore's actions and lifestyle are polar opposites of what he preaches. I find that funny. I'll pick on George because he can't pronounce Nuclear and he's a poor public speaker. No where did I interject my political beliefs. Do you agree?
What you describe as three completely unrelated topics in my post have one thing in common which you obviously didn't pick up on. Fear Mongering is a tool in which profiteering entrepreneurs capitalize on. I'm going to say it for the 3rd time that global warming is probably happening but not because of the reasons Al Gore stressed in his movie/book. I am not going to post a random links weather wiki or other sources regardless it's accurate or not. The data is out there. The carbon's contribution to the greenhouse gas effect is minute compared to other factors involved in the global warming. But my point was that people will use this sort of propaganda to profit. Why is this so hard for you to believe?
Simply reducing the CO2 output may not result in a reversal of the climate change. You should know that. The global reduction of CO2 output is a whole another philosophical issue. The socioeconomic situation around world will not lend itself to achieving the goals of so called "non-profit organizations" striving to reduce the CO2 output. Here is why.
More than the half of the world population struggle with basic necessities such as food and shelter. Most of these people are in a survival mode who couldn't careless about the amount of CO2 in the air or if their rainforest got wiped out. They're worried about where the next meal is coming from. Only when these people escape the struggle for existence of living from hand to mouth, will their minds become open-minded, more concerned about the future generation, and more influenced by abstract values. This is an important concern because we know that simply cutting down CO2 output in the developed countries won't mean much unless we can get cooperation from the developing countries, i.e. China, India…etc.
The Economist estimates that the worldwide rise in middle class is now staggering. What consequences will this have? This means increased consumption..not a bad thing for the worldwide economy yet this means increased consumption of energy. Yeah..alternative energy is talked about. But when a world leader speaks of investing the alternative energy, you're just getting a lip service. Carbon based fossil fuel is here to stay for a long long time because worldwide economical infrastructure is built upon cheap petroleum which yields the most energy per $.
Every major economical action results in unforeseen consequences. But one thing is for certain and a major reduction of petroleum use worldwide could spell disastrous economical consequences to the US in turn affect the worldwide economy. As you see today, devaluation and collapsed real estate bubble in the US has triggered a global financial crisis. The commodity market isn't faring too well either and we will likely see a collapse. We also saw a stock market devaluation equaling the Great Depression.
What does this have to do with the global warming pundits? Global warming proponents would like to see the worldwide reduction in fossil fuel use. A noble wish. Yet, it can and it will trigger a worldwide slowdown of liquidity of dollar because oil transaction allows for the 2 to 3 trillion US dollar to flow which sustains the global economy. Irving Fisher, an early 1900's economist hypothesized in his book "The Purchasing Power of Money" that the supply of money times the rate at which a dollar circulates through the market defines the monetary force which produce booms and busts. Simply put, Petroleum transactions must occur. That's why even though we only import a small fraction of our oil from the Mid-East, we have a strong military presence there to guard the flow of oil. Basically this protects the US economy.
Again, what's this have to do with the Global Warming? We just can't simply stop burning fuel which may or may not reverse the climate change. The point is the global warming is a lot more complicated than a simple environmental issue. The global socio-geo-economical issues are heavily intertwined surrounding the climate change for it to have any simple yet meaningful outcome just by driving a hybrid vehicle.
Meanwhile, the profiteers of fearmongering will oversimplify a complicated phenomenon or misunderstood events to raise funds to line their pockets with. That is my point.
What's a good American beer? (I'm assuming such a thing exists; am I being generous?)
I like Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock, & Sierra Nevada.. All American. Much better than Moosehead..
holy crap...did SDN1977 come back??
YoungMeister,
This is not a political argument. I can mock Al Gore just like I can mock George Bush. My political affiliation has nothing to do with who I'll mock. Al Gore's actions and lifestyle are polar opposites of what he preaches. I find that funny. I'll pick on George because he can't pronounce Nuclear and he's a poor public speaker. No where did I interject my political beliefs. Do you agree?
What you describe as three completely unrelated topics in my post have one thing in common which you obviously didn't pick up on. Fear Mongering is a tool in which profiteering entrepreneurs capitalize on. I'm going to say it for the 3rd time that global warming is probably happening but not because of the reasons Al Gore stressed in his movie/book. I am not going to post a random links weather wiki or other sources regardless it's accurate or not. The data is out there. The carbon's contribution to the greenhouse gas effect is minute compared to other factors involved in the global warming. But my point was that people will use this sort of propaganda to profit. Why is this so hard for you to believe?
Simply reducing the CO2 output may not result in a reversal of the climate change. You should know that. The global reduction of CO2 output is a whole another philosophical issue. The socioeconomic situation around world will not lend itself to achieving the goals of so called "non-profit organizations" striving to reduce the CO2 output. Here is why.
More than the half of the world population struggle with basic necessities such as food and shelter. Most of these people are in a survival mode who couldn't careless about the amount of CO2 in the air or if their rainforest got wiped out. They're worried about where the next meal is coming from. Only when these people escape the struggle for existence of living from hand to mouth, will their minds become open-minded, more concerned about the future generation, and more influenced by abstract values. This is an important concern because we know that simply cutting down CO2 output in the developed countries won't mean much unless we can get cooperation from the developing countries, i.e. China, India…etc.
The Economist estimates that the worldwide rise in middle class is now staggering. What consequences will this have? This means increased consumption..not a bad thing for the worldwide economy yet this means increased consumption of energy. Yeah..alternative energy is talked about. But when a world leader speaks of investing the alternative energy, you're just getting a lip service. Carbon based fossil fuel is here to stay for a long long time because worldwide economical infrastructure is built upon cheap petroleum which yields the most energy per $.
Every major economical action results in unforeseen consequences. But one thing is for certain and a major reduction of petroleum use worldwide could spell disastrous economical consequences to the US in turn affect the worldwide economy. As you see today, devaluation and collapsed real estate bubble in the US has triggered a global financial crisis. The commodity market isn't faring too well either and we will likely see a collapse. We also saw a stock market devaluation equaling the Great Depression.
What does this have to do with the global warming pundits? Global warming proponents would like to see the worldwide reduction in fossil fuel use. A noble wish. Yet, it can and it will trigger a worldwide slowdown of liquidity of dollar because oil transaction allows for the 2 to 3 trillion US dollar to flow which sustains the global economy. Irving Fisher, an early 1900's economist hypothesized in his book "The Purchasing Power of Money" that the supply of money times the rate at which a dollar circulates through the market defines the monetary force which produce booms and busts. Simply put, Petroleum transactions must occur. That's why even though we only import a small fraction of our oil from the Mid-East, we have a strong military presence there to guard the flow of oil. Basically this protects the US economy.
Again, what's this have to do with the Global Warming? We just can't simply stop burning fuel which may or may not reverse the climate change. The point is the global warming is a lot more complicated than a simple environmental issue. The global socio-geo-economical issues are heavily intertwined surrounding the climate change for it to have any simple yet meaningful outcome just by driving a hybrid vehicle.
Meanwhile, the profiteers of fearmongering will oversimplify a complicated phenomenon or misunderstood events to raise funds to line their pockets with. That is my point.
holy crap...did SDN1977 come back??
I have a lot to say about a lot of stuff but pharmacy... evidently..
holy crap...did SDN1977 come back??
Is she still around? If she is using another name someone secretly PM it to me. She was always good for a ten page answer to a simple question!

I like Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock, & Sierra Nevada.. All American. Much better than Moosehead..
We are in Texas...gotta drink Shiner Bock. Have you had the Shiner Black?
black isnt as good as the bock but its pretty good...I have yet to have a bad shiner...Shiner Bock is one of my favoritesWe are in Texas...gotta drink Shiner Bock. Have you had the Shiner Black?
I have a lot to say about a lot of stuff but pharmacy... evidently..![]()
So, what were you staining?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We are in Texas...gotta drink Shiner Bock. Have you had the Shiner Black?
Yes, I like it.
So, what were you staining?
Border for the projector screen for our media room. The screen is painted on.. "Silver Screen paint + Pearlescent" mix... gives off a very nice color. The room was painted about 2 months ago. Just getting to the screen. Next step is theater chairs. Projector and surround sound are installed.
black isnt as good as the bock but its pretty good...I have yet to have a bad shiner...Shiner Bock is one of my favorites
Shut up... don't pretend to be a Texan...you got long ways to go.. You've only been here like what...4 months?
Border for the projector screen for our media room. The screen is painted on.. "Silver Screen paint + Pearlescent" mix... gives off a very nice color. The room was painted about 2 months ago. Just getting to the screen. Next step is theater chairs. Projector and surround sound are installed.
Sounds really really nice! Do we get to see pics when you're all done? Did you do anything special to the walls for acoustics?
Sounds really really nice! Do we get to see pics when you're all done? Did you do anything special to the walls for acoustics?
Spiriva how's it going? I always know where to find you...just look for the threads that have gone completely off topic and there you are!
Seriously, did you go out and get a life on us? I don't see you on here much any more. No excuses...I have three kids under three years old and I find time to waste on here!

Shut up... don't pretend to be a Texan...you got long ways to go.. You've only been here like what...4 months?
It takes years to get dumb enough to be called a Texan....
It takes years to get dumb enough to be called a Texan....
I don't see you leaving yet... hope you enjoy paying state income tax in KS. You do understand that Texas is one of the few states with budget surplus and isn't adversely affected by the downturn in the economy compared to other states, right?
One big factor is you aren't allowed to borrow more than 80% of the value of your home in a home equity loan. Most states it is 125%, that is one of the reasons the foreclosure rates are insane elsewhere and our housing values grew at a normal rate. Otherwise it is because of our low tax (no state income tax) structure, business friendly environment, right to work policies, vast natural resources, and a State government that didn't spend every penny it had during the boom but instead put $10 Billion in a rainy day fund. It also helps that in spite of having over 20 million people in Texas our government only meets for about 3 months out of every 2 year cycle, less trouble for them to get into. We can secede from the Union. Also because we are still a conservative state.
Say what you want, but TX has it right.
It doesn't exist. If you want real beer you need to go to:
![]()
Or any other German beer house....
I disagree. Anchor Steam is far and away one of the best beers on the market. Try it if you've never had one, I don't think you'll disagree.
I don't see you leaving yet... hope you enjoy paying state income tax in KS. You do understand that Texas is one of the few states with budget surplus and isn't adversely affected by the downturn in the economy compared to other states, right?
One big factor is you aren't allowed to borrow more than 80% of the value of your home in a home equity loan. Most states it is 125%, that is one of the reasons the foreclosure rates are insane elsewhere and our housing values grew at a normal rate. Otherwise it is because of our low tax (no state income tax) structure, business friendly environment, right to work policies, vast natural resources, and a State government that didn't spend every penny it had during the boom but instead put $10 Billion in a rainy day fund. It also helps that in spite of having over 20 million people in Texas our government only meets for about 3 months out of every 2 year cycle, less trouble for them to get into. We can secede from the Union. Also because we are still a conservative state.
Say what you want, but TX has it right.
What about utility deregulation? We have the highest electric and gas rates in the country. How about all the toll roads popping up because the state cannot afford to build them?
I may pay a state income tax in Kansas but it is still less than the combined propety tax and school tax here in Texas.
What about utility deregulation? We have the highest electric and gas rates in the country. How about all the toll roads popping up because the state cannot afford to build them?
I may pay a state income tax in Kansas but it is still less than the combined propety tax and school tax here in Texas.
You haven't been elsewhere have you.. $1 toll and the turnpike design around the Metroplex is one of the cheapest and the best designed. Go to East Coast and try to get around.. How about the toll in Denver? This is nothing new. State can afford to build the roads. And the best way to take advantage of not paying state income tax is to make a lot of money...
And once your kids are in school, you'll see how fantastic our school system is. Oh...if you don't live in one of those mcmansions..your utility isn't so bad... I paid just as much for a house half the size in CA..
so says the california kid...Shut up... don't pretend to be a Texan...you got long ways to go.. You've only been here like what...4 months?
I honestly could see myself staying here after I am done with my military service...
so says the california kid...
I honestly could see myself staying here after I am done with my military service...
I grew up in Nawlins..foo!
I'm not a big fan of Moosehead myself - better than the mass-produced stuff, but a one-note beer, really.I like Samuel Adams, Shiner Bock, & Sierra Nevada.. All American. Much better than Moosehead..
Of the Canadian beers, Sleeman's dark ale is nice, though not easy to find. My husband's favourite these days is Keith's - a good one. Anything by Connor's or Amsterdam is good; Connor's makes an amazing bitters. If you have a sweet tooth, Brick beers would be more to your taste.
Don't bother with the Molson or Labatt's products - that's the mass-produced plonk for philistines.
My dad drinks Bud Light. Don't know why he bothers; water's cheaper.
Back on topic - hmm - if you give yourself pancreatitis from drinking too much beer, and end up in the hospital, you don't have to pay anything. And some on this thread may argue that single-payer health care gives Canadians and the French an incentive to drink too much. But despite free health care and superior alcohol choices, Canadians and the French don't drink more than Americans.
My favourite German beer these days is Hoegaarten, a weiss bier. Very refreshing in summer, and a consolation in winter.
I'm not a big fan of Moosehead myself - better than the mass-produced stuff, but a one-note beer, really.
Of the Canadian beers, Sleeman's dark ale is nice, though not easy to find. My husband's favourite these days is Keith's - a good one. Anything by Connor's or Amsterdam is good; Connor's makes an amazing bitters. If you have a sweet tooth, Brick beers would be more to your taste.
Don't bother with the Molson or Labatt's products - that's the mass-produced plonk for philistines.
My dad drinks Bud Light. Don't know why he bothers; water's cheaper.
Back on topic - hmm - if you give yourself pancreatitis from drinking too much beer, and end up in the hospital, you don't have to pay anything. And some on this thread may argue that single-payer health care gives Canadians and the French an incentive to drink too much. But despite free health care and superior alcohol choices, Canadians and the French don't drink more than Americans.
My favourite German beer these days is Hoegaarten, a weiss bier. Very refreshing in summer, and a consolation in winter.
Hey..let's go to war.. and see who wins..
This is too good to not post. Article from the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
Renowned Scientist Defects From Belief in Global Warming
Renowned Scientist Defects From Belief in Global Warming
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's a tourist trap, but it's the best pic I could find. German beer rocks. It must be those pesky purity laws.There's a Hofbrauhaus not 10 minutes from me! Yessss. My only regret was spending nearly two months in Germany (not far from Munich) and never going to the original. 🙁
I don't see you leaving yet... hope you enjoy paying state income tax in KS. You do understand that Texas is one of the few states with budget surplus and isn't adversely affected by the downturn in the economy compared to other states, right?
Few? Hell, WV is posting a surplus. If a bunch of dumb hill folk can do it...
We can secede from the Union. Also because we are still a conservative state.
Yeah, sure Texas could. Enjoy becoming a third-world country.
No, since you probably know that the Gores have purchased more than enough Carbon offsets to make up for their energy usage. In addition to that they use solar panels. Their life is completely carbon neutral and the offsets they purchase are the equivalent of recycling roughly a million aluminum cans per month. George Bush is just an idiot, and you're free to mock him. But you are wrong in saying that you can mock Gore because of his lifestyle or his actions. He lives a completely carbon neutral life and does what he has to to raise awareness about global warming (something he has been very successful at doing). All you're doing is taking GOP bait regarding global warming and using his "lifestyle" as a way to throw out his argument. Most of the political elite in this country consume as much and if not more of the energy as the Gores do, except they do not campaign about global warming or buy carbon offsets or fit solar panels onto their roof. That is the exact thing Gore is telling everyone to do. So how is he not practicing what he preaches?This is not a political argument. I can mock Al Gore just like I can mock George Bush. My political affiliation has nothing to do with who I'll mock. Al Gore's actions and lifestyle are polar opposites of what he preaches. I find that funny. I'll pick on George because he can't pronounce Nuclear and he's a poor public speaker. No where did I interject my political beliefs. Do you agree?
People use various ways to capitalize in a capitalist society, news at ten! That does not mean that whatever subject is currently being used for fear-mongering purposes is somehow invalid or not true. My favorite part of your post is bolded, as that renders almost everything you have to say moot. "Hey man just listen to what I say, the data is out there to support it! YOU DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF CLIMATE CHANGE, I DO!!!" --ItsOverZyvox Cruise. Since you seem incapable of backing up anything you say other than with hilarious hand-waving, why don't I provide a link for you to educate yourself:What you describe as three completely unrelated topics in my post have one thing in common which you obviously didn't pick up on. Fear Mongering is a tool in which profiteering entrepreneurs capitalize on. I'm going to say it for the 3rd time that global warming is probably happening but not because of the reasons Al Gore stressed in his movie/book. I am not going to post a random links weather wiki or other sources regardless it's accurate or not. The data is out there. The carbon's contribution to the greenhouse gas effect is minute compared to other factors involved in the global warming. But my point was that people will use this sort of propaganda to profit. Why is this so hard for you to believe?
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/stateofknowledge.html
I eagerly await your reply where you attack the EPA. Ok, here's another:
http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html
lol. Want me to do more? I'll go international and .edu on your ass if you want.The goddamn National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said:Human activity has been increasing the concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere (mostly carbon dioxide from combustion of coal, oil, and gas; plus a few other trace gases). There is no scientific debate on this point.
Yes, just like my foot may not get lodged between your asscheeks. Care to ever say anything substantive, ever? Why are you attacking NPOs now? Again, saying stupid **** like this only reaffirms my belief that you most likely listen to Glenn Beck, but could also potentially listen to Limbaugh, Hannity or god help us all Michael "Savage" Weiner.Simply reducing the CO2 output may not result in a reversal of the climate change. You should know that. The global reduction of CO2 output is a whole another philosophical issue. The socioeconomic situation around world will not lend itself to achieving the goals of so called "non-profit organizations" striving to reduce the CO2 output.
That's pretty terrible logic, but doesn't sound all that different from when the GOP forced Clinton to abandon the Kyoto treaty because other countries wouldn't be held to the same standard that we would be. How myopic.Here is why.
More than the half of the world population struggle with basic necessities such as food and shelter. Most of these people are in a survival mode who couldn't careless about the amount of CO2 in the air or if their rainforest got wiped out. They're worried about where the next meal is coming from. Only when these people escape the struggle for existence of living from hand to mouth, will their minds become open-minded, more concerned about the future generation, and more influenced by abstract values. This is an important concern because we know that simply cutting down CO2 output in the developed countries won't mean much unless we can get cooperation from the developing countries, i.e. China, India…etc.
Wow this is a bunch of nonsense, but I'm guessing your bottom line is that since there are a lot of poor people in the world who don't care about the changing climate that somehow mitigates our responsibilities? Care to provide a link for anything at all?!The Economist estimates that the worldwide rise in middle class is now staggering. What consequences will this have? This means increased consumption..not a bad thing for the worldwide economy yet this means increased consumption of energy. Yeah..alternative energy is talked about. But when a world leader speaks of investing the alternative energy, you're just getting a lip service. Carbon based fossil fuel is here to stay for a long long time because worldwide economical infrastructure is built upon cheap petroleum which yields the most energy per $.
Ok we're getting somewhere, at least now you're quoting a hundred year old book by the same guy that said "Every major economical action results in unforeseen consequences. But one thing is for certain and a major reduction of petroleum use worldwide could spell disastrous economical consequences to the US in turn affect the worldwide economy. As you see today, devaluation and collapsed real estate bubble in the US has triggered a global financial crisis. The commodity market isn't faring too well either and we will likely see a collapse. We also saw a stock market devaluation equaling the Great Depression.
What does this have to do with the global warming pundits? Global warming proponents would like to see the worldwide reduction in fossil fuel use. A noble wish. Yet, it can and it will trigger a worldwide slowdown of liquidity of dollar because oil transaction allows for the 2 to 3 trillion US dollar to flow which sustains the global economy. Irving Fisher, an early 1900's economist hypothesized in his book "The Purchasing Power of Money" that the supply of money times the rate at which a dollar circulates through the market defines the monetary force which produce booms and busts. Simply put, Petroleum transactions must occur. That's why even though we only import a small fraction of our oil from the Mid-East, we have a strong military presence there to guard the flow of oil. Basically this protects the US economy.
Damn, and here I was thinking I could battle climate change all on my own simply by driving a Prius.Again, what's this have to do with the Global Warming? We just can't simply stop burning fuel which may or may not reverse the climate change. The point is the global warming is a lot more complicated than a simple environmental issue. The global socio-geo-economical issues are heavily intertwined surrounding the climate change for it to have any simple yet meaningful outcome just by driving a hybrid vehicle.
Again, just because someone found a way to capitalize on a situation doesn't mean the situation doesn't exist or isn't true.Meanwhile, the profiteers of fearmongering will oversimplify a complicated phenomenon or misunderstood events to raise funds to line their pockets with. That is my point.
Again, your constant referral to microtrends in temperature worldwide belies your ignorance on the subject.Man..rest of the world must be getting really warm to counter the cooling here in the US..
Christ man, do you even stop to consider the stuff you're posting? This was released a month before the November 2006 elections by the GOP leadership, and none other than the master ****head himself Sen. Inhofe is quoted in it. Utterly worthless.This is too good to not post. Article from the US Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.
Renowned Scientist Defects From Belief in Global Warming
What you have utterly failed to realize is that Obama's goal of investing billions in alternative energy science is to eventually have the US on the cutting edge on the technology and thus regain our advantage in the sciences. All we have done since the stagnant days of Reagan is fall farther and farther behind everyone else. The only thing keeping us going at this point is everyone just repeating to themselves over and over "it's ok if we buy T-bonds because the US will back them up" but once they start saying "wait they might not" we are all screwed. The solution is not to delay the inevitable collapse of oil, it is to move beyond it by investing in technology and figuring out a way to be the leader in the next phase of human energy consumption.
Oh and a nice side effect is that we don't have to posture ourselves into a coma by invading all sorts of countries for nebulous "WE'RE SPREADING DEMOCRACY" reasons resulting in hundreds of thousands of dead humans anymore.
so says the california kid...
I honestly could see myself staying here after I am done with my military service...
Noooooooo!!!! For the love of God do not ever say that....EVER!!!! Escape while you can!!!
Spiriva how's it going? I always know where to find you...just look for the threads that have gone completely off topic and there you are!
Seriously, did you go out and get a life on us? I don't see you on here much any more. No excuses...I have three kids under three years old and I find time to waste on here!![]()
😛 I usually only do it once a thread has totally gone off the deep end. No sense in being so serious all the time...and it's how we all get to know one another on here. Who the heck talks shop all day at work anyways? Have to cut loose sometime, and it's kind of nice to do it with others who are in a similar boat as you professionally.
Me?!? Go get a life??? I wish! 😉
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 568
