Here comes the government!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Man..rest of the world must be getting really warm to counter the cooling here in the US..


Were doomed! According to your map the hot side keeps hot while the cool side stays cool. We all know what happened to the McDLT. It Falied! ohhhh nooooo!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]UTSdUOC8Kac[/YOUTUBE]
 
No, since you probably know that the Gores have purchased more than enough Carbon offsets to make up for their energy usage. In addition to that they use solar panels. Their life is completely carbon neutral and the offsets they purchase are the equivalent of recycling roughly a million aluminum cans per month. George Bush is just an idiot, and you're free to mock him. But you are wrong in saying that you can mock Gore because of his lifestyle or his actions. He lives a completely carbon neutral life and does what he has to to raise awareness about global warming (something he has been very successful at doing). All you're doing is taking GOP bait regarding global warming and using his "lifestyle" as a way to throw out his argument. Most of the political elite in this country consume as much and if not more of the energy as the Gores do, except they do not campaign about global warming or buy carbon offsets or fit solar panels onto their roof. That is the exact thing Gore is telling everyone to do. So how is he not practicing what he preaches?

So you simply decided to buy into liberal propaganda. So, how exactly is his lifestyle Carbon Neutral?

People use various ways to capitalize in a capitalist society,

Thank you..you finally got what I was trying to say... You're little slow, aren't you.
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/science/stateofknowledge.html
  • Human activities are changing the composition of Earth's atmosphere. Increasing levels of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere since pre-industrial times are well-documented and understood.
  • The atmospheric buildup of CO2 and other greenhouse gases is largely the result of human activities such as the burning of fossil fuels.
  • An “unequivocal” warming trend of about 1.0 to 1.7°F occurred from 1906-2005. Warming occurred in both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres, and over the oceans (IPCC, 2007).
  • The major greenhouse gases emitted by human activities remain in the atmosphere for periods ranging from decades to centuries. It is therefore virtually certain that atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases will continue to rise over the next few decades.
  • Increasing greenhouse gas concentrations tend to warm the planet.
Did you even read this? So Mr. Google Master, what constitute "greenhouse gas" and what % is CO2? Go ahead and list all the greenhouse gases first then list the percentages. Then tell us what % is induced by man. Then tell us what % of the man induced greenhouse gas is responsible for the rise in the global surface temperature.

And if CO2 is so responsible for the rise in surface temperature, why did the global temperature actually go down between 1940's to 1950 and 1960's to 1970's while the CO2 level went up?



lol. Want me to do more? I'll go international and .edu on your ass if you want.

Go ahead.

Yes, just like my foot may not get lodged between your asscheeks. Care to ever say anything substantive, ever? Why are you attacking NPOs now? Again, saying stupid **** like this only reaffirms my belief that you most likely listen to Glenn Beck, but could also potentially listen to Limbaugh, Hannity or god help us all Michael "Savage" Weiner.

Nope...but it sounds like you're an avid listener of those programs. Because evidently you know more about them than I do. :meanie: What are you...a closet republican?

That's pretty terrible logic, but doesn't sound all that different from when the GOP forced Clinton to abandon the Kyoto treaty because other countries wouldn't be held to the same standard that we would be. How myopic.

I guess GOP won one for us then! Go USA!

http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature+Monitors+Report+Widescale+Global+Cooling/article10866.htm

Look...global cooling! :meanie:

Wow this is a bunch of nonsense, but I'm guessing your bottom line is that since there are a lot of poor people in the world who don't care about the changing climate that somehow mitigates our responsibilities? Care to provide a link for anything at all?!

:meanie: Sorry.. I didn't realize your reading comprehension and cognitive skills were that poor. I won't throw anymore complicated concept your way.
Oh..if you're needing me to post a link showing people worldwide are poor... Oh never mind.

Ok we're getting somewhere, at least now you're quoting a hundred year old book by the same guy that said "tock prices have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau" like two days before Black Thursday and the utter failure of the stock market. It doesn't matter what you try to say, Reagan's policies are a failure, W's policies are a failure, and Fisher is a failure. Keynes won, dude, just accept it already.


Considering you probably had no idea who Fisher was until you googled him after I mentioned it, I'm glad I learnt you something. Actually you don't really fully grasp the economical theories of Keynes and Fisher. If Keynes won, then why did his policy fail in 1971? And if you had any clue of curreny stimulus plan, then you would've known that Lawrence Summer's advice is actually a hybrid theory taken from both Keynes and Fisher. But I don't expect you to know that. Hmmm..you better hurry and google Lawrence Summer.. :meanie:

Damn, and here I was thinking I could battle climate change all on my own simply by driving a Prius.

You do that... I'll keep spewing out Diesel fume to counter your Carbon credit.. Actually, you should stop breathing. That'll lower some carbon output...then again, since your brain doesn't require much air... I guess you won't put out much CO2! :meanie:

Again, just because someone found a way to capitalize on a situation doesn't mean the situation doesn't exist or isn't true.

You're either blind or can't read. Of course earth has been warming up...we recently got out of a mini ice age! One thing constant is that the global climate change has been going on with or without people.

Again, your constant referral to microtrends in temperature worldwide belies your ignorance on the subject.

And you're too ignorant to realize me mocking you. :meanie:

Christ man, do you even stop to consider the stuff you're posting? This was released a month before the November 2006 elections by the GOP leadership, and none other than the master ****head himself Sen. Inhofe is quoted in it. Utterly worthless.

So you meant to tell me these scientists have reverted back? Show me an article that says that.

What you have utterly failed to realize is that Obama's goal of investing billions in alternative energy science is to eventually have the US on the cutting edge on the technology and thus regain our advantage in the sciences.

Regain? Have we lost it?

All we have done since the stagnant days of Reagan is fall farther and farther behind everyone else.

We have fallen behind in what?


The only thing keeping us going at this point is everyone just repeating to themselves over and over "it's ok if we buy T-bonds because the US will back them up" but once they start saying "wait they might not" we are all screwed.

China just announced they'll keep buying our securities. Are you that naive to believe other countries can simply do away with the US financial market? :meanie: Go study.

The solution is not to delay the inevitable collapse of oil, it is to move beyond it by investing in technology and figuring out a way to be the leader in the next phase of human energy consumption.

collapse of oil? What do you mean?

Oh and a nice side effect is that we don't have to posture ourselves into a coma by invading all sorts of countries for nebulous "WE'RE SPREADING DEMOCRACY" reasons resulting in hundreds of thousands of dead humans anymore.

Oh..you must be a believer in only if we can talk things over and get it done through bilater talks... :meanie: Hello. Wake up. Dayum.. are you Canadian?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My Cummins will still be running like a champ after you go through about 3-4 Priuses.😀 Would be interesting to see how the 2 vehicles compare when you consider my diesel truck will outlast at least 3 priuses and their batteries...
 
lol, i don't give a crap about "global warming." it doesn't matter. but i'm smart enough not to argue with anyone who gets a stirring in their pants when al gore comes on TV. I just express myself via my actions (ie not caring about mpg and buying accordingly, voting at the ballot box, not buying into the "green" hype, etc...)

i suggest you all do the same before you realize how much crap you just typed up that's going unread.
 
My Cummins will still be running like a champ after you go through about 3-4 Priuses.😀 Would be interesting to see how the 2 vehicles compare when you consider my diesel truck will outlast at least 3 priuses and their batteries...

:meanie: My cummins actually gets a whopping 11mpg in my RV pulling a Honda Element! Next time, I'm going to drive faster to drop my mileage down to 9mpg to pump more CO2 into the atmosphere. Because I need some warming..it's dang too cold! :meanie:
 
lol, i don't give a crap about "global warming." it doesn't matter. but i'm smart enough not to argue with anyone who gets a stirring in their pants when al gore comes on TV. I just express myself via my actions (ie not caring about mpg and buying accordingly, voting at the ballot box, not buying into the "green" hype, etc...)

i suggest you all do the same before you realize how much crap you just typed up that's going unread.

:meanie: But it's so much fun when he so serious in defending Gore! The Internet inventor! He doesn't understand I'm just trolling him. I don't give a ratz ass about the global warming...
 
global warming = another example of human ego and "self-importance"....i mean, do people really think that we're appreciably changing the earth? Sure, yes, I'll agree that we're pumping things into the atmosphere/water that otherwise wouldn't be there...but isn't that what every other animal species does?

I mean, beavers build dams...trees spew poisonous oxygen into the atmosphere...we're just doing what we're designed to do, the only difference is we're aware and that we think we're so important that we're "killing the earth." Puh-lease...
 
So you simply decided to buy into liberal propaganda. So, how exactly is his lifestyle Carbon Neutral?
Gosh I don’t know, perhaps you should actually read what I posted?

Thank you..you finally got what I was trying to say... You're little slow, aren't you.
You were trying to discredit global warming because certain folks want to capitalize on people’s fears. This is illogical.

Did you even read this? So Mr. Google Master, what constitute "greenhouse gas" and what % is CO2? Go ahead and list all the greenhouse gases first then list the percentages. Then tell us what % is induced by man. Then tell us what % of the man induced greenhouse gas is responsible for the rise in the global surface temperature.

And if CO2 is so responsible for the rise in surface temperature, why did the global temperature actually go down between 1940's to 1950 and 1960's to 1970's while the CO2 level went up?
Ok you are definitely not my school teacher and I am definitely not goint to do your homework. I have provided at least two reputable links stating unequivocally that humans are responsible both for the rise in CO2 levels and the increase in global temperatures since the industrial revolution. You have provided nothing and continue to put your fingers in your ears. Now you’re going with the “haha I’m just trollin’ trollin’ haha look at me” but all you’re doing is displaying to me that you’re an idiot who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Go ahead.
No that’s ok brah, I’ll wait until you actually provide ONE scientific reputable source that backs up anything you’re saying, at all.

I guess GOP won one for us then! Go USA!
This is what it looks like when an internet person gives up.

Look...global cooling! :meanie:
Wow.

:meanie: Sorry.. I didn't realize your reading comprehension and cognitive skills were that poor. I won't throw anymore complicated concept your way.
Oh..if you're needing me to post a link showing people worldwide are poor... Oh never mind.
How unexpected, instead of you actually backing up anything you spew out of your gaping maw you simply silently concede the point and hope it’ll go away.

Considering you probably had no idea who Fisher was until you googled him after I mentioned it, I'm glad I learnt you something. Actually you don't really fully grasp the economical theories of Keynes and Fisher. If Keynes won, then why did his policy fail in 1971? And if you had any clue of curreny stimulus plan, then you would've known that Lawrence Summer's advice is actually a hybrid theory taken from both Keynes and Fisher. But I don't expect you to know that. Hmmm..you better hurry and google Lawrence Summer.. :meanie:
Summers is an idiot, and so is Fisher. Summers is partly responsible for the mess we’re in now.

And what, pray tell, happened in 1971? Can you actually say anything at all substantive?

You do that... I'll keep spewing out Diesel fume to counter your Carbon credit.. Actually, you should stop breathing. That'll lower some carbon output...then again, since your brain doesn't require much air... I guess you won't put out much CO2! :meanie:
Brains need air?! I guess you’re a physiology wizard as well as an economic and climate change expert. Wow!

You're either blind or can't read. Of course earth has been warming up...we recently got out of a mini ice age! One thing constant is that the global climate change has been going on with or without people.
Look at all these words coming out of my mouth with absolutely nothing back them up! It’s like diarrhea only a lot more irritating since everyone around me can see the diarrhea rather than me being confined to a small cubicle of hell!

And you're too ignorant to realize me mocking you. :meanie:
Backpedal some more, it’s very nice to see.

Regain? Have we lost it?
No man the coal plants that provide us with a significant portion of our energy are 21st century technology! Also, Japan, China and India don’t exist. Neither does Europe.

We have fallen behind in what?
It doesn’t surprise me that you’ve been locked in a room for 20 years and have failed to notice our decline.

China just announced they'll keep buying our securities. Are you that naive to believe other countries can simply do away with the US financial market? :meanie: Go study.
You are the one contending that if people stop trading for oil barrels in US dollars that somehow means we’re all going to die.

collapse of oil? What do you mean?
Who’s going to prop up tinpot dictators in the middle east when we don’t need their oil anymore?

Oh..you must be a believer in only if we can talk things over and get it done through bilater talks... :meanie: Hello. Wake up. Dayum.. are you Canadian?
You sound like a 3 year old.


:meanie: But it's so much fun when he so serious in defending Gore! The Internet inventor! He doesn't understand I'm just trolling him. I don't give a ratz ass about the global warming...
lol you think I really care about it?

global warming = another example of human ego and "self-importance"....i mean, do people really think that we're appreciably changing the earth? Sure, yes, I'll agree that we're pumping things into the atmosphere/water that otherwise wouldn't be there...but isn't that what every other animal species does?
Excellent troll attempt but I'm going to ignore this post in hopes that you aren't serious.
 
Ok you are definitely not my school teacher and I am definitely not goint to do your homework. I have provided at least two reputable links stating unequivocally that humans are responsible both for the rise in CO2 levels and the increase in global temperatures since the industrial revolution. You have provided nothing and continue to put your fingers in your ears. Now you're going with the "haha I'm just trollin' trollin' haha look at me" but all you're doing is displaying to me that you're an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

No that's ok brah, I'll wait until you actually provide ONE scientific reputable source that backs up anything you're saying, at all.

Oh c'mon. I ask a simple question. What are greenhouse gases? And here is why you won't answer it even though you would want nothing more than to prove yourself right.

  • By listing the gases, you'll broadcast that CO2 indeed makes up a very small percentage of the total greenhouse gas component.
  • Before I asked the question, you only equated CO2 as the greenhouse gas. Once I questioned it, you googled it and found out that the CO2 is not the main greenhouse gas responsible for holding the global temperature.
  • Also, you will list that the CO2 emission by man is indeed a very small percentage of the total CO2 in the atmosphere.
So we have 2 events, increase in CO2 and global temperature. So the theory rose that the increase in CO2 is causing the increase in temperature. Then again, people were afraid of global cooling and the pending gloom and doom of the next ice age in the 70's. So, there have been period of increase in CO2 yet decrease in the global surface temperature? So, it's not too difficult to deduce that the CO2 is not the sole predictor of the global temperature. Here what the EPW Senate Committee has to say.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....Store_id=c5e16731-3c64-481c-9a36-d702baea2a42

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=1a5e6e32-802a-23ad-40ed-ecd53cd3d320

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index....ecord_id=5ef55aa3-802a-23ad-4ce4-89c4f49995d2

So..c'mon, list those greenhouse gases and tell us which gas is most responsible for the greenhouse effect. :meanie:



Summers is an idiot, and so is Fisher. Summers is partly responsible for the mess we're in now. So what exactly did Summers do?

And what, pray tell, happened in 1971? Can you actually say anything at all substantive?

Well, it doesn't give you a whole lot of credibility when you call world renowned economists "idiots." Evidently, you can't piece two and two together between Keynes and the events that took place in 1971. I've mentioned in some other thread so no need to re mention. Yet, if you had any clues to the historical events surrounding the fiscal globalization, you would have responded by simply saying the US was irresponsible. It's kinda difficult to discuss the role of triple integration in calculus when you barely understand Algebra. And no..you can't learn everything from Googling.:meanie:

Brains need air?! I guess you're a physiology wizard as well as an economic and climate change expert. Wow!

Oh..I don't know.. let's go ahead and cut off the blood supply to your brain.. and deprive your brain of Oxygen for a while.. The air you breathe in provides Oxygen..and exhale spews CO2.. just in case you needed a reminder. Here is the issue..CO2 you're spewing is contributing to the global warming. Oh wait..but you can buy some carbon credit! 👍


Who's going to prop up tinpot dictators in the middle east when we don't need their oil anymore?

Ehh..you do know that the majority of our oil import isn't from the Middle East right? But do you know why we're there? I doubt you do. Go ahead and google! :laugh:
 
Last edited:
Livestock flatulence will be the end of us all. Enough with this carbon dioxide shenanigans!


We must force those ranchers to buy Carbon Credit so they can be carbon neutral!! 👍

I need to figure out how to become a Carbon Credit broker! :meanie:
 
We must force those ranchers to buy Carbon Credit so they can be carbon neutral!! 👍

I need to figure out how to become a Carbon Credit broker! :meanie:

Or sell some filters...
moz-screenshot.jpg
cows2.jpg
 
Oh c'mon. I ask a simple question. What are greenhouse gases? And here is why you won't answer it even though you would want nothing more than to prove yourself right.

  • By listing the gases, you'll broadcast that CO2 indeed makes up a very small percentage of the total greenhouse gas component.
  • Before I asked the question, you only equated CO2 as the greenhouse gas. Once I questioned it, you googled it and found out that the CO2 is not the main greenhouse gas responsible for holding the global temperature.
  • Also, you will list that the CO2 emission by man is indeed a very small percentage of the total CO2 in the atmosphere.
So we have 2 events, increase in CO2 and global temperature. So the theory rose that the increase in CO2 is causing the increase in temperature. Then again, people were afraid of global cooling and the pending gloom and doom of the next ice age in the 70's. So, there have been period of increase in CO2 yet decrease in the global surface temperature? So, it's not too difficult to deduce that the CO2 is not the sole predictor of the global temperature.
What is wrong with you? What are you blabbing on about? When did I ever say CO2 is the only greenhouse gas? Is this what your idiot backpedalling has come down to? Let’s take a look at your original claims that you never bothered to back up.

Dude.. you ever wonder why there aren't any global warming gatherings in the winter?

You know, it hasn't been that long since we got out of the Ice age... and of course it's getting warmer.. how much did the ave temp go up in the last 100 years? .5 degrees? Yeah...Carbon emission by man went up a lot...yet it's still less than 10% of the total carbon emission? Or much less?

You know..warmer earth may not be a bad thing.

What is crock of chit is that the claime man made CO2 production causes the greenhouse effect thereby increasing the temperature. And that was what Al Gore's movie/book was all about. It's totally false.

The main contributor to greenhouse effect is water vapor in the atmosphere and the solar acitivity. Alright, you want to add CO2 to the argument? Tell me...what % of CO2 in the Atmosphere is due to human acitivities?

Chit... The temperature went up little less than 1 degree past 130 years.. even that's questionable..

More CO2 and warmer climate would do wonders for agriculture.. and feed the poor.

Increase in the water temperature in Atlantic is blamed for increase in numbers and severity of hurricanes. But where does human activity come to play? Why don't you go read up on Greenhouse effect then we can discuss further.

If other countries don't buy oil, the US will bankrupt. Quickly.

I mean it’s like you’re getting dumber and dumber as we go on. And now that someone has actually forced you to back up your AM radio pre-conceived notions you are falling like a house of cards, relying solely on the idea that someone who has a bachelors degree in physics from a nice school and is attending medical school somehow thinks that CO2 is the only player in global temperature. Never has a strawman been constructed so poorly and so without the slightest inkling of merit. Congrats on the crappy posting, hope you like festing in your own idiocy.


Wow you really are in love with Senator Inhofe aren’t you? All those links are are just regurgitations of the “650 concerned scientists stand up to Al Gore!” bull**** that is used by the GOP to muddie the scientific waters. Did you ever actually read the links I posted from actual scientists rather than political idiots? Morano is Inhofe’s well-known sidekick and all they ever do is misstate and obfuscate so Inhofe can fellate Exxon ever more each and every year he issues one of these “reports.” He is a political shill and there is no room in this supposedly scientific debate for him at the table. Please feel free to quote from actual scientists instead of idiots who make a living off of fooling gullible people like you. If you want to actually read why Moran and Inhofe are deceiving you, click here to read the response from an actual scientist who Moran misquoted in his stupid hitpiece. But I’m sure you won’t read it, just as you didn’t read the links from actual reputable government organizations or any links I could throw at you from real scientists. All you can do is throw political horse**** my way.


I don't listen to radio.
Haha I wasn't born yesterday, you are a Glenn Beck superstar.

Continue with your thinly veiled backpedalling as a stupendous "troll" though, I'm lovin' it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is wrong with you? What are you blabbing on about? When did I ever say CO2 is the only greenhouse gas? Is this what your idiot backpedalling has come down to? Let's take a look at your original claims that you never bothered to back up.

LOL...u-huh. Go ahead..where is the list and why do you refuse to post it?

I mean it's like you're getting dumber and dumber as we go on. And now that someone has actually forced you to back up your AM radio pre-conceived notions you are falling like a house of cards, relying solely on the idea that someone who has a bachelors degree in physics from a nice school and is attending medical school somehow thinks that CO2 is the only player in global temperature. Never has a strawman been constructed so poorly and so without the slightest inkling of merit. Congrats on the crappy posting, hope you like festing in your own idiocy.

Right! When all fails... "I did this..and I did that..."

Greenhouse gas? What's in it?



Haha I wasn't born yesterday, you are a Glenn Beck superstar.

You don't really understand the petroleum trade vs. the US and global economy..do you? :meanie:

Continue with your thinly veiled backpedalling as a stupendous "troll" though, I'm lovin' it.

Good.. I'm glad you're enjoying being made a foo... :meanie:
 
It's a tourist trap, but it's the best pic I could find. German beer rocks. It must be those pesky purity laws.

Hell yeah. I've been to Munich twice and not much can beat sitting outside at Kloster Andechs and enjoying a fine doppelbock.
 
Wow...I don't even drive much, but this idea is absurd!!!:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29298315/


Posted via Mobile BlackBerry Device

It's not as absurd as you think. It's actually a pretty cool idea. Let's say you drive 20,000.00 miles per year and get 25 miles per gallon. That means you purchase 800 gallons of gasoline. The federal gasoline tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and you would pay $147.20 per year in gas tax. The new formula would be 0.5 center per mile and would be $100.00 per year. It also takes away from the need for additional taxes as alternative fuels come into play as those cars still damage the highway but use less gasoline.
 
Dude.. you ever wonder why there aren't any global warming gatherings in the winter?

There is:

globalwarming.jpg


since the stagnant days of Reagan

The best 20 years of economic prosperity this country has seen followed Regan's presidency. Just because it didn't happen while he was in office doesn't mean reganomics wasn't the cause.

My Cummins will still be running like a champ after you go through about 3-4 Priuses.😀 Would be interesting to see how the 2 vehicles compare when you consider my diesel truck will outlast at least 3 priuses and their batteries...

A Cummins pollutes less than a Prius. It takes several years for a gas guzzler to equal the pollution produced in the making of the batteries and by then the hybrid will be on the 2nd or 3rd set.

:meanie: But it's so much fun when he so serious in defending Gore! The Internet inventor! He doesn't understand I'm just trolling him. I don't give a ratz ass about the global warming...

I'd quit bashing Al Gore he invented the internet and is probably monitoring this thread from his carbon neutral bat cave.

Back to the original topic, readily available electronic records would be a good thing. I don't see the government stepping in unless we go full blown socialized health care. Insurance companies are already doing this and doing it much more efficient than the government ever could. It should cut down on Dr. shopping if doctors actually use it.
 
It's not as absurd as you think. It's actually a pretty cool idea. Let's say you drive 20,000.00 miles per year and get 25 miles per gallon. That means you purchase 800 gallons of gasoline. The federal gasoline tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and you would pay $147.20 per year in gas tax. The new formula would be 0.5 center per mile and would be $100.00 per year. It also takes away from the need for additional taxes as alternative fuels come into play as those cars still damage the highway but use less gasoline.

this is a horrible idea. First off do really think if the govt implemented this they would get rid of gasoline tax completely, they are not going to start a program where they get less money like you suggest.

Second you are punishing people who drive long distance. Let me give you an example. My sister's husband works in Chicago. Doesn't make a lot of money. They would love to live close to work but they need a house big enough to raise 4 kids. So inorder to find a house they can afford they had to buy over 50 miles away. Now my sister who is struggling to pay the bills is now being punished because she could not afford to live in the city. Doesn't seem right.
 
There is:

globalwarming.jpg


See....you don't get it. They probably work for professors who are funded for Global Warming study. They're not fighting for the environment...they're fighting for money.:meanie:

The best 20 years of economic prosperity this country has seen followed Regan's presidency. Just because it didn't happen while he was in office doesn't mean reganomics wasn't the cause.

Reagan said it best. "The best social program is a job." 👍 Bashing Reagan is un-American.



A Cummins pollutes less than a Prius. It takes several years for a gas guzzler to equal the pollution produced in the making of the batteries and by then the hybrid will be on the 2nd or 3rd set.

You haven't seen my Cummins! It hauls (pushes) an almost 40ft RV while pulling a Honda! It puts out a lot of CO2 and I hope it will make my area warmer so I won't get cold while playing golf! :meanie: Oh..and the engine break is very loud and I hope to provide a lot of noise pollution to drive away the farrell hogs...in fact, we have a program now for hunters to hunt them from a chopper..



I'd quit bashing Al Gore he invented the internet and is probably monitoring this thread from his carbon neutral bat cave.

:meanie:

Back to the original topic, readily available electronic records would be a good thing. I don't see the government stepping in unless we go full blown socialized health care. Insurance companies are already doing this and doing it much more efficient than the government ever could. It should cut down on Dr. shopping if doctors actually use it.

I can't wait for the day when the PBMs decide to merge patients medication history and medical information (with consent) and centralize it. This information should then be accessible online with swipe of a universal health information card by healthcare instituions and physicians offices to quickly access medical history. It will happen and someone will make a lot of money who can bring this technology forth. It's not a rocket science.. and anyone with a half decent computer skill could do it. With a lawer of course.
 
It's not as absurd as you think. It's actually a pretty cool idea. Let's say you drive 20,000.00 miles per year and get 25 miles per gallon. That means you purchase 800 gallons of gasoline. The federal gasoline tax is 18.4 cents per gallon and you would pay $147.20 per year in gas tax. The new formula would be 0.5 center per mile and would be $100.00 per year. It also takes away from the need for additional taxes as alternative fuels come into play as those cars still damage the highway but use less gasoline.

I read the article in the paper quickly. My understanding of it is the gas tax is not enough to cover the cost or our infrastructure. The tax on mileage would be in addition to the gas tax not in place of it.
 
Reagan said it best. "The best social program is a job." 👍 Bashing Reagan is un-American.

Reagan was an overrated *******. His economic policies essentially gave economic prosperity to the 80s while giving economic insecurity to generation y. He and every baby boomer that thinks that he was such a great president can suck my balls. Every president after Nixon was a *******, though. Not to just pick on that particular *******. For some reason he, along with Clinton, actually get a pass and are called "good" presidents. All lies. They just put duct tape on **** and paid the bills with a visa card...then took off...now I got my credit card maxed and and this jalopy of a house of cards is fixing to try to collapse...
 
Let's just avoid Japan's model, they treat their physicians like **** and pay them like ****.

I like the German, Swiss, or French models. And since everyone's salaries will no doubt go down under such a system, can we just go ahead and subsidize everybody's tuition already?

Thanks

I like German, Swiss and French models too.