Here is a ranking for Dental Schools~!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eliotpark

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know there is not a formal dental school rankings, but many students are still interested in finding out the ranking for dental schools...By chance, I got the last dental school ranking. I think that there is no big chages compared with recent ranking for dental school. Here we go~!!

Dental School Rankings (Gourman Report, 1995)

1. Harvard University, Boston (dental school for researchers)
2. University of California, San Francisco
3. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
4. Columbia University, New York
5. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
6. University of California, Los Angeles
7. Ohio State University, Columbus
8. Tufts University, Boston
10. New York University, New York
11. University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
13. University of Illinois, Chicago
16. State University of New York, Buffalo
17. Temple University, Philadelphia
18. Creighton University, Omaha
19. University of Southern California, Los Angeles
20. Marquette University, Milwaukee

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do I get into Northwestern? It'd really like to get into that school!!!!!

well... I'm sorry to have to correct all off you... but Hogwarts School of Dentistry is still the best dental school out there. If you can get in there, then you can get in anywhere.

Well this changes everything... I wasn't going to apply to harvard because I'm interested in clinical rather than research dentistry, but if IT WAS RANKED NUMBER ONE IN 1995 then I might as well withdraw from this cycle and only apply there next year. Because rankings tell everything...

Oh, and what about Georgetown? I heard they have a great d-school. Surprised they're not on the list.... or Nova...

Mack

Nova did not open until 1998 I believe. So that is why they would not be on any list of dental school rankings. Also, when they ranked dental schools, there must have been different lists, because I know that UNC, San Antonio, and Baylor were all in the top 20.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova did not open until 1998 I believe. So that is why they would not be on any list of dental school rankings. Also, when they ranked dental schools, there must have been different lists, because I know that UNC, San Antonio, and Baylor were all in the top 20.
I know. I was trying to be sarcastic/funny like everyone else before me. Guess I failed...

Dental schools aren't ranked. This list is so old that some of the schools don't even exist anymore and there are at least a few schools that hadn't opened when this list was published (Nova being one -- Arizona?). The moral being that this list does a disservice to anyone desperate enough to take it seriously.

Mack

No way what about San Antonio. It's sad that you have NYU right up there

Well this changes everything... I wasn't going to apply to harvard because I'm interested in clinical rather than research dentistry, but if IT WAS RANKED NUMBER ONE IN 1995 then I might as well withdraw from this cycle and only apply there next year. Because rankings tell everything...

Oh, and what about Georgetown? I heard they have a great d-school. Surprised they're not on the list.... or Nova...

Mack

Georgetown doesn't have a dental school anymore, so it wouldn't matter.

wow, idiotsannoyme is brutally hot..and no im not an idiot..;)

IdiotsAnnoyMe, How youuu doin?;)

I know there is not a formal dental school rankings, but many students are still interested in finding out the ranking for dental schools...By chance, I got the last dental school ranking. I think that there is no big chages compared with recent ranking for dental school. Here we go~!!

Does it really say "dental school for researchers" in the real gourman report. ?

Why does everyone insist on a list ranking dental schools? Really, I'm curious. What's the big deal?

In the picture, all the asians are in front of the picture. It's probably because we're usually shorter. heh.

Though my height is only average, it's better than being like a 5'5" Asian guy or something. I guess I am just lucky to be half.

Though my height is only average, it's better than being like a 5'5" Asian guy or something. I guess I am just lucky to be half.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, right? ;-) (Speaking as a 5' 3" Indian guy-- hey, we're in Asia, too!)

Not that there's anything wrong with that, right? ;-) (Speaking as a 5' 3" Indian guy-- hey, we're in Asia, too!)

agreed. my roommate is south asian too. but she's like 5'7" or 5'8". :-D I'm an honorary Indian. I even watch Bollywood flicks.

I totally know that schools aren't ranked anymore and that there is no real criteria for ranking. But wouldn't ranking schools based on NBDE II scores or passing rates be the most logical interpretation of a good dental school? Afterall, that is the measure of how well a school prepares you to pass the boards... which is the only way to become a dentist.

I totally know that schools aren't ranked anymore and that there is no real criteria for ranking. But wouldn't ranking schools based on NBDE II scores or passing rates be the most logical interpretation of a good dental school? Afterall, that is the measure of how well a school prepares you to pass the boards... which is the only way to become a dentist.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.

I agree that each dental school is good in it's own way and a potential student should pick which school is best for them. Personally, I don't give a damn what a school's ranking is. I know I want to stay in florida, so UF and Nova are best for me. BUT, obviously some people are insistent on ranking schools... at least NBDE II scores are some type of measure of how well a school prepares you to be a dentist. It really doesn't matter... i can't find the list of new rankings on NBDEII anyway, haha

The ranking is over 10+ years old. Who cares about old invalid data.

haha which one is the number one party school??

Hell yeah~~~
this is based on playboy magazine.......
check it out~~~~
proud of my school

Yeah, no significant changes in the last 12 years. Nothing like a handful of schools that don't even exist anymore, or anything big like that. :rolleyes:

It was already established in a thread last year that Maryland is #2. Everyone else was busy fighting for first place, so Maryland sneaked in and solidified its claim on #2. Update your list.