Here’s one piece of MCAT advice I wish someone gave me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats!!
Thanks! Saw you on the NYU thread a lot. Hope it all works out for you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If only I knew that option meant "we will happily shill your score to WHOEVER WANTS IT." With all due respect I'm not applying to pod school or basement-tier master's programs with a friggin 518
Way to belittle an entire profession who are going to be your future physician peers. Maybe that’s why Temple rejected you.
I honestly would hate to be your classmate.

*With all due respect

I actually thought the 518 comment (& a lot of others in this thread) was kinda funny & I have a much lower score than that. It does feel a little absurd when you're getting all these emails that either come from places you've never applied to, offer degrees you've never heard of or wanted, and/or are from places that previously rejected you from their MD/DO program. Before I was accepted they were less funny and more like each email was a papercut-lemon juice cocktail.

Reactions: 1 users
I stand by my comment, I don't want shameless spam for finishing a hurdle that caused a lot of personal anguish and life stress.

The one acceptance I have was from a rolling admissions program FYI. Many schools (the rest of my II) are non-rolling and have hard dates for beginning offers of admission. A 518 (or anything in that vicinity) at face value still isn't really a silver bullet, especially without the context of the rest of the application.

As far as arrogance is concerned, there's something to be said for this "holier-than-thou" attitude adopted literally in defense of spam.

Its not a holier-than-thou attitude its just a method I try to use to humble up arrogant MD applicants like yourself, regardless good luck if you have that attitude in school you will find resistance from people though

Members don't see this ad :)
Its not a holier-than-thou attitude its just a method I try to use to humble up arrogant MD applicants like yourself, regardless good luck if you have that attitude in school you will find resistance from people though

Dude I've discussed my score with applicants/potential classmates 0 times. It's an asinine comment on an anonymous forum, and I'm not really sure what "method" you're referencing. My hat goes off to any DO/DPM/SMP/MD student, sick of the damn emails.

Your comment reeks of entitlement and you throw an entire profession and educational masters under the bus and you put yourself above them. I have friends in podiatry, one even had a 510 MCAT. That you dont know your comment was offensive has me worried. Hopefully you get it sorted out before you match, as that wont get you far in residency. I can just see it now:

"I keep getting emails from Primary Care and Community health programs, but I got a 250 on MY step score so **** them. Who do they think they are, to bask in the glow of my almighty standardized test? Bow before my awesomeness"

Dude I've discussed my score with applicants/potential classmates 0 times. It's an asinine comment on an anonymous forum, and I'm not really sure what "method" you're referencing. My hat goes off to any DO/DPM/SMP/MD student, sick of the damn emails.

Last edited:
Your comment reeks of entitlement and you throw an entire profession and educational masters under the bus and you put yourself above them. I have friends in podiatry, one even had a 510 MCAT. That you dont know your comment was offensive has me worried. Hopefully you get it sorted out before you match, as that wont get you far in residency. I can just see it now:

"I keep getting emails from Primary Care and Community health programs, but I got a 250 on MY step score so **** them. Who do they think they are, to bask in the glow of my almighty standardized test? Bow before my awesomeness"

Its completely possible to have respect for a profession and yet be aware of why people go into it. For example, many people who apply DO do it because their stats weren’t high enough for an MD. Recognizing that fact doesn’t mean you don’t appreciate and respect doctors with a DO degree.

In the same manner, many people who go into non-physician health care professions (pharmacy, nursing, PA, podiatry, etc), do so because they didn’t have the confidence or grades to go to medical school. Sure, some of them did it because they didn’t want to deal with the strsss of medicine, but just because you recognize the reason for why they are in their doesn’t meant you don’t respect them.

This sums it up perfectly. Anyway I think it's time to end this thread. No need to keep on bumping it.

@Saifa It never ends. When you get to Med school you’ll still have AUC/Ross/SGU ads on your Facebook feed every day.

Reactions: 2 users

Thank you someone gets this whole being humble and thankful thing hah!

Idk how I feel about this one. For the SAT, I allowed schools to send me emails and sure I got hella emails but my current college was trying an online application system along with the common app. It looked easy and so I applied to it. Never would've applied to this school if I never got that email. I didn't even give this school a second thought but after getting rejected by all of my dream schools I ended up getting a full ride from my current school. Fast forward three years and I definitely feel that I made the best decision in my life applying to that random school I did zero research on/didn't care about but ended up being an amazing choice for me. I feel that I've learned so much about myself and met such amazing professors/friends during my time there. I think I'll probably be allowing schools to email me and stuff for the MCAT. Sure you'll get a ton of garbage but maybe you'll find a diamond out of all of it. I sure did.

Last edited:
Idk how I feel about this one. For the SAT, I allowed schools to send me data and sure I got hella email but my current college was trying an online application system along with the common app. It looked easy and so I applied to it. Never would've applied to this school if I never got that email. I didn't even give this school a second thought but after getting rejected by all of my dream schools I ended up getting a full ride from my current school. Fast forward three years and I definitely feel I made the best decision in my life applying to that random school I did zero research on/didn't care about but ended up being an amazing choice for me. I feel that I've learned so much about myself and met such amazing professor during my time there. I think I'll probably be allowing schools to email me and stuff. Sure you'll get a ton of garbage but maybe you'll find a diamond out of all of it. I sure did.

Keep in mind that there are thousands of colleges but only about 50-60 med schools that will potentially be willing to accept you.

Keep in mind that there are thousands of colleges but only about 50-60 med schools that will potentially be willing to accept you.
True but maybe a med school I never would've considered emails me and I find that they're actually a good fit. Sure I get a lot of spam but I'm willing to take that if it means potentially finding a school that could be the right fit for me.

Best advice ive ever hear lol