HES Fully Online as Active Duty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neaaus59

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I've searched so many threads but can't find an answer. I understand that HES offers fully online courses, but every thread I read are from students in the Boston area and taking classes on the side. I am active-duty military and I am trying to be proactive and complete my postbacc courses before getting out. For reference, I have a 2.97 from my undergrad (top tier school) but have a 4.0 in 21 nursing pre req credits and a 4.0 in my graduate degree (non-health related). My questions are:

1) Will all courses, professors, and sponsorship work with my situation or will in-person students be more favored?

2) Is this program actually feasible to complete online? I'm able to put in the work required of me, but will I be able to complete labs and course requirements while being remote? Again, I only ask because many people state they live in the Boston area and that's just not feasible for me.

3) Should I wait until I leave the service (Fall of 2023) to attend career changer postbacc programs? I don't mind doing this, I just don't want to wait so long when I have the time to work toward it now.

Thank you all for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that you are the only one who can answer this question but I am more than willing to help offer my advice for some guidance. Here are a couple of questions that I have in order to address your question as best I can:

1.) What is your MOS?
2.) What does your training schedule look like?
3.) Have you done science courses online before?
4.) Have you received the verbal or written consent and/or support from your Chain of Command in regards to attending college while you are serving?