Post-bacc game plan critique - Active Duty overseas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LugubriousAlchemist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am an Active Duty Air Force Officer that, due to stats, need to reinvent himself. Currently have a 3.1 cGPA, 2.8 sGPA. The problem though is that I am currently stationed in Germany, and the in-person options available for classes from my searches are lacking in the science department.

I'll be stationed here for three years, so the current plan of action is to:
1) Take about 30 credits of Post-bacc classes using online sources
2) Still keep up with volunteering and get necessary shadowing from military physicians
3) Take the MCAT and crush it
4) Separate from the Air Force at the end of my commitment and go into an SMP

The biggest weak-point in this plan to me is the online post-bacc classes. While this would serve as a necessity in my situation due to a lack of other options; I'm uncertain if online classes would serve the purpose of reinvention. From searching the forums it seemed like adcoms were receptive to online coursework for military overseas, but I haven't seen much in terms of using that coursework as a post-bacc for GPA improvement versus being a career-changer. Looking for some general feedback to the plan, mainly if my efforts are futile, or if this can truly lead to a path forward to an acceptance somewhere.

Extra information that may be helpful: I already have my pre-reqs done, I am a URM, and I have a desire to be a physician in the military, whether through USUHS or HPSP

Members don't see this ad.