Hey, Canadian here!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Katey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, here's my thing - right now i am at a community college in BC finishing up my pharmacy prereqs (there are only 10 courses: 1st year bio, 1st year chem, 1st year calculus for the life sciences, 1st year english, 1 course of physics and an elective). okay, I'm planning to apply to UBC for fall 2006. The thing is they only take your GPA for the pharmacy prereqs (thank god!!!!!). My grades are pretty good, but i'm having trouble calculating my gpa, do they just take the letter grades (ex. A+, 4.33, or exact percent, 95, 3.8)???? I know its probably obvious, but i think i'm just getting my hopes up with the letter grade thing, if only!!! Anyways, thanks for your help in advance. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,
I don't think UBC converts percents to a 4-point scale, since that's not how they present marks on their own transcript. So no need to convert, they'll just look at your percents :)! However, different percents mean different things at different schools (ie, an 80 is an A- at UBC, and I think a B or something at SFU), but I don't think that matters too much either since I seem to remember reading that they don't take into account where you did the courses as long as they're considered equivalent.

If I had known I was going to be serious about pharmacy I probably would have gone the community college route, since it seems easier to get help from teachers and it's less of a shocking environment in first year...

Anyway, good luck! I'm applyin to ubc too...