Hey guys... avatar change!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't keep my avatars long enough to ever be associated with it. I think it acts more like a mood ring for me. And I love delving into WW themes, so I will always find one that both fits who I am and is in line with the story, but that's just how I roll.
giphy.gif

I don't mind if people want to change their avatar for ww, but it should be an option. Not mandatory and not something that gives you a "benefit" in the game. You want to change go for it, but shouldn't even be something that is mentioned, required, or that gives people an extra benefit.
 
I don't mind if people want to change their avatar for ww, but it should be an option. Not mandatory and not something that gives you a "benefit" in the game. You want to change go for it, but shouldn't even be something that is mentioned, required, or that gives people an extra benefit.
Eh, again, if that is something someone who is running the game wants to do, that is their prerogative. I don't get why it is an issue, but like I said, my bond to my avatar is easily broken. For those who are in fact covalently bonded to them, I suppose I can see why it is like splitting atoms when asked to change. I have to many other things that truly boil my blood in this world, so I try not to get bent out of shape on the interwebz. Tis why I don't frequent and comment as much as I used to here.
 
Eh, again, if that is something someone who is running the game wants to do, that is their prerogative. I don't get why it is an issue, but like I said, my bond to my avatar is easily broken. For those who are in fact covalently bonded to them, I suppose I can see why it is like splitting atoms when asked to change. I have to many other things that truly boil my blood in this world, so I try not to get bent out of shape on the interwebz. Tis why I don't frequent and comment as much as I used to here.

Trust me, I have plenty of other things that are way more important that bother me in real life. However, I am allowed to express my opinion about things on here as well without being made to feel like I am bad for having an opinion on it.

It isn't an "issue" in the grand scheme of life. However, it used to be that people would be mod killed for not changing avatars, now it is just giving extra incentives to change them. To me, it shows you have not seriously considered the game balance if you are providing extra incentives to whomever the hell changes their avatar. And I stand by that.

I also just got my animated avatar back and working, it isn't an easy one to get to work, so it gets annoying that anytime ww comes up I either have to change it or get "punished" (I use that term loosely) for not changing it because I don't want to spend another 2 hours once ww end, finagling with SDN and resizing images just to have the avatar I want to start with.

Is it a big deal in the grand scheme of everything going on with life, no. But there are many things that aren't that people complain about, like the cold weather. However, I shouldn't be made to feel bad because I have an opinion on something that you disagree with or isn't a "big issue". I didn't realize things only had to be major, life-changing issues to express your opinion about them.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haha! Is SDN playing a joke on anyone else and having old avatars show up? @DVMDream , you have the old school monster/zombie band, I have my old Pirates av with the cat head for sparrow, and a few others have changed to some earlier versions. It is giving me nostalgia pings in my gut. :playful:

:laugh: I noticed it. I was sure someone was playing a joke on me... but I think it is just an "oops" from the updates earlier this morning.
 
I'm trying to change my avatar to my usual Ice Queen theme, but for some reason SDN won't let me change it. Even after I've optimized my avatar to 136 KB, well below the size limit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
New avatar is a picture of my late kitty. Still think a lot about her, but probably not going to get another one (I am oddly allergic to cats a bit).

This is her sitting under a Dwarf Japanese Maple tree (I know it is hard to see as an avatar, but it is colorful, and details are available if you click the pic).


edit: just want to say she was NOT an outside cat. She only ever went outside if accompanied by MrsSOV or myself and wouldn't wander off - though she would like to sit there for a loooong time.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumpity bump for my gal @Trilt
:biglove:

tenor.gif



My complaint is that the new avatar editor on SDN is questionable at best, kept erroring out as it saved, and I thiiiink I now have my classic sloth back but it keeps occasionally bouncing to anime-sloth as I click around.

But he's here to stay for a couple more years now. 🙂

Also moderate reminiscing on when avatar changes were rare enough that we had a whooole thread dedicated to it.
 
:biglove:

tenor.gif



My complaint is that the new avatar editor on SDN is questionable at best, kept erroring out as it saved, and I thiiiink I now have my classic sloth back but it keeps occasionally bouncing to anime-sloth as I click around.

But he's here to stay for a couple more years now. 🙂

Also moderate reminiscing on when avatar changes were rare enough that we had a whooole thread dedicated to it.
Haha! Yeah, I've had this one longer than any of the others I've had. I occasionally do a quick search to change it, but haven't found something I like moar yet. Not sure about the editing tool problem though.
 
I had no idea this was a thread. Guess I'm stuck in that weird place where I love my basic avatar so much, that most changes, though temporary, are just a variation on it.
 
Last edited: