hey guys/gals. Looking for info after a talk with the ortho res director...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tugbug

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I'm a first year just finished a pretty successful MS1 1st block. I know little about ortho and plan to remedy that situation ASAP. Whats a good way to learn what it is all about? What type of students pick it? Whats the residency like? etc. anything you can throw at me would be appreciated.

The reason I'm asking/why I have had my interest sparked... We had an orthopod as a table instructor in gross and had a lot of time to get to know him and pick his brain. On the last day of class, the folks at the table and I were joking with him about none of us having a shot at ortho... and that may very well be true... But, turns out this guy is the director of the residency program here :eek: !... and I didnt know it. Long story short, he made a point (it seemed to me anyway) to say to me "If I was interested in ortho I should keep in touch." Which seemed promising, but could mean nothing.

I'd like to find out a bit about the field to see if it is even remotely interesting to me before I waste this guys time. Help?

Members don't see this ad.

tugbug said:
Hey all. I'm a first year just finished a pretty successful MS1 1st block. I know little about ortho and plan to remedy that situation ASAP. Whats a good way to learn what it is all about? What type of students pick it? Whats the residency like? etc. anything you can throw at me would be appreciated.

The reason I'm asking/why I have had my interest sparked... We had an orthopod as a table instructor in gross and had a lot of time to get to know him and pick his brain. On the last day of class, the folks at the table and I were joking with him about none of us having a shot at ortho... and that may very well be true... But, turns out this guy is the director of the residency program here :eek: !... and I didnt know it. Long story short, he made a point (it seemed to me anyway) to say to me "If I was interested in ortho I should keep in touch." Which seemed promising, but could mean nothing.

I'd like to find out a bit about the field to see if it is even remotely interesting to me before I waste this guys time. Help?

The smartest move you can make is to stop wasting yoru time on here asking about ortho and call the PD and ask if you could sit down with him for a bit and find out more about ortho from him. Perhaps, you could offer your assistance in some research.