hey! so which is better!? halp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bajoneswadup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between taking the MCAT April 13th vs. May 24?

My original plan was to take the MCAT April 28th, but it's not offered at my school at that time. I'd probably be slightly better prepared for the May 24th date, but I hear it's extremely[/I important to register ASAP. Thoughts please, I'm a huge newb with the application process, my school isn't very informative ;P

Members don't see this ad.

You want to take the date that will allow you to have your application in as quickly as possible. If you are planning to apply june 1st, then you want to take a date whose scores are released around then as well. You also should plan to try to take a date where if you need to retake you will have plenty of time to re-study, do so, and still not be too late in the process (although you should never plan for failure, its always good to have a back-up option).

You also want to be the most prepared you can possibly be. In my opinion that means traveling to a different test site or doing the May 24th site.

also this is a forum full of premedical students. If you want to be taken seriously please dont sound like a four year old, sorry to be a b**** but reading your title/post was extremely irritating. Yes, you say your school isnt very information, but you can use this forum just as well as everyone else. We all started at the beginning but you arent going to be taken seriously writing like that.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll take the April 13th b/c I'm not too worried about a re-take. Sorry the word halp offended you, I'll try to be more deliberate when posting on anonymous forums.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll take the April 13th b/c I'm not too worried about a re-take. Sorry the word halp offended you, I'll try to be more deliberate when posting on anonymous forums.

I just want to take a moment to say that I was not offended by the word "halp" at all. I interpreted the word to be written phonetically. See the following video at 1:29 for an example!

[YOUTUBE]cuCw5k-Lph0[/YOUTUBE]

And good luck choosing an MCAT date! Choose the one you're most prepared for. In terms of your application's "look," the date you took it doesn't matter; only your score does.

Honestly, you'll be fine with either date. I bet your AMCAS won't have been processed (or if so only recently) by the time your scores come out.