1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hey There!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Juelz, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Juelz

Pre-Dental
    This fall i'm entering my sophmore year in college.I don't go to a CC but its not a university.I will be taking these classes this fall :

-CHM1045 - general chemistry and qual analysis
    +Chm1045Lab

-Enc1102 :D

-BSC2010- Principles of biology 1
    +Bsc2010Lab

-Mac1105 - college algebra :D

so 4 classes in all and 2 labs.Total credits will be 16.I want to know if this schedule is going to be a workload?.Also, almost all classes there are pre/co of each other.For example, in order to take chem 1 i need to finish mac1105 or be taking it same semester and in order to take bio 1 I need to be taking chem or have it already as a pre req.

tell me what you guys think!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dan3223

Dan3223 Temple bound :)

Dental Student
    It will be a bit of work.... but it's definitly doable.

4. Maygyver

Pre-Dental
    I don't think that will be bad at all. What is enc though? The science classes you have are the early in the series it looks like they won't be too hard and I'm sure college algebra shouldn't be too tough. It all depends on you though.

5. La Dentista

Pre-Dental
    You can definitely do this schedule. It won't be a total workload, consider it kind of like an introduction into what's going to come later on (the bio, math and chem that is). Just keep on top of your homework/studying everyday and you will do very well.:thumbup:

6. Chuda2008

Pre-Dental
    It looks like a solid load, I would just be careful about taking too many of the core science classes at a community college. Some of the dental schools don't like/accept cc credits. You might want to check with the dental schools where you are interested in applying. Most dental schools will require you to transfer at some point to a four year university to get a degree. You can always check with the school you plan on transferring to and then work on some of the other classes that will be required to get a degree, but are not prerecs for dental school. Examples of these might be public speaking, writing, health, etc. I am not trying to be negative, but it is something to think about. Also, regardless of what school you are in, always talk with advisors/councilors as to what classes and the order of classes you should take to be successful as a pre-dent student. They will be helpful in planning your four year schedule that will allow you to be a competitive dental applicant. Good luck and study hard.

7. Juelz

Pre-Dental
    I see what your saying.You think I should just get my 60 credit AA and transfer to a 4 year uni.The thing is that my college requires 24 credits of electives under the 60 credit AA.What classes do you guys think would be good to fall under those 24 credit electives? If im going to spend money in classes I want them to be classes that dental schools are looking for.Please recommend me some classes that is not core science :luck:

Edit : My plans were to use those 24 credits to do some core sciences for D school and at the same time be eligible for a nearby university's Biology school.