Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest, I was quite torn between KCOM and UHS prior my interviews. My indecision was brought to a screeching halt after my actual interview at UHS. The school, actually both schools, are fantastic! I was highly impressed by the implementation of technology at both campuses. KCOM seems to have a slight edge in the proliferation of computer tech. But, UHS probably has more terminals available. UHS' anatomy & dissection labs have the trophy, hands down.
My interview at UHS was far from the chit-chatty, "I just want to get to know you" style advertised. Mine was gestapo style interrogation! When I objectively compared it to the other schools I interviewed at, I just could not justify the tactic. I realize the interviewers are trying protect their santified domains and the integrity of the profession...but, if I was such a slug and UHS interviews such a comparatively small pool, why invite me?
In UHS' defense, the students and staff were wonderful! Also, almost everyone I spoke with on interview day, students and other applicants, said their interview went as advertised. I have a theory on what precipitated my demise...but you'll have to e-mail me for that.
Anyhow, KCOM treated as positively as the UHS interview went badly. I don't agree with fraternity selection techniques...you know, "let me abuse you for a while, then I'll call you my brother." I was made to feel welcome and at home by KCOM. Their students, staff and faculty were fantastic and radiated a genuine concern for my welfare and success.
So, my decision was made---->KCOM
[I have edited the above posting to emphasize that it was only my interview that soured my view of UHS. Otherwise, I felt the school was fantastic! I apologize for not wording my post my clearly.]
------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03
[This message has been edited by OldManDave (edited June 21, 1999).]
My interview at UHS was far from the chit-chatty, "I just want to get to know you" style advertised. Mine was gestapo style interrogation! When I objectively compared it to the other schools I interviewed at, I just could not justify the tactic. I realize the interviewers are trying protect their santified domains and the integrity of the profession...but, if I was such a slug and UHS interviews such a comparatively small pool, why invite me?
In UHS' defense, the students and staff were wonderful! Also, almost everyone I spoke with on interview day, students and other applicants, said their interview went as advertised. I have a theory on what precipitated my demise...but you'll have to e-mail me for that.
Anyhow, KCOM treated as positively as the UHS interview went badly. I don't agree with fraternity selection techniques...you know, "let me abuse you for a while, then I'll call you my brother." I was made to feel welcome and at home by KCOM. Their students, staff and faculty were fantastic and radiated a genuine concern for my welfare and success.
So, my decision was made---->KCOM
[I have edited the above posting to emphasize that it was only my interview that soured my view of UHS. Otherwise, I felt the school was fantastic! I apologize for not wording my post my clearly.]
------------------
'Old Man Dave'
KCOM, Class of '03
[This message has been edited by OldManDave (edited June 21, 1999).]