Hey what's up people, congrats to all who...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjackson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
congrats to all who have been accepted.....

I have been a part of this forum for over a year now, but tend to browse more than I post.... today I have come to a point in which I want to see others opinion on my situation. I am from california, applied to 12 schools, and have been accepted to 5, amongst them CU and Mich. Although I have been accepted to dental school, I am worried about the fact that I have not recieved any acceptence from my state schools, and have only recieved an interview from one of them. Should I discount the fact that there is still time left this cycle and began my plans on moving to an out of state school, or should I wait for the cali D-shcools, maybe they are running late. Am I bieng overworried? is there still hope if there are no interviews set up? please respond with your insight.

Thank you
your fellow SNDer.

Members don't see this ad.

according to an admin from pitts dental, the CA schools can finalize their admission process very late, as in march and april. pitts is also notorious for late acceptance as well. the bad thing is you can't hang onto those acceptances for too long. So, you might have to do some pushing/shoving. Call those schools up and see what they have to say.

Also a Cali resident here... got 3 acceptances, but their all on the east coast. I got a Vegas interview in a week so I'm crossing my fingers cuz thats the closest I could get to back home... Do like I did, put a deposit down at the school you like the most and hold out for some love from Cali... You can do all of your apartment hunting online so dont worry about a potential move, plus you have mad time, sooo good luck with what u choose.
By the way, what cali school are you holdin out for?

Members don't see this ad :)
personally I do not care which socali school i get into, although UCLA would be nice.... I just hope to get accepted in one of them.

so i'm pretty much in the same situation. so far i have 8 interviews, including to the 3 ivy leagues, so i'd like to think i'm competitive... but no love from the schools in cali, and i'm from southern cali. so i guess we should keep our fingers crossed, and hope to hear within this next month. good luck

I also want to move back to California. I was a cali resident but lost it when I moved out to colorado. I got accepted to USC, but didn't like their program at all. So I put a deposit down at the one school I wouldnt mind going to one of the three schools that I was accepted to. But I am holding out for two other schools I am waiting to hear from.
What can we say we all know what is going on, Cali is a nice place.

seriously.... where's all the cali love?

my life would be so much easier if I didn't have to leave this state....

but oh well, if it's time for a change, its time for a change.