Is it ok to do all shadowing in a short period of time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimchi-chick

Reaction score
I started shadowing last November. Is it ok to "finish" shadowing this summer? Or should I continue to do it until I apply and potentially after then too?

Members don't see this ad.

What about the A.T. Still dental programs? They seem to be service oriented. Do students get in with at least 100 hours?

Members don't see this ad :)
What about the A.T. Still dental programs? They seem to be service oriented. Do students get in with at least 100 hours?
service oriented sounds more like volunteer work than shadowing. Shadowing more than 100 hours means you could be spending less time volunteering or working or doing other things to help bolster your application. The minimum for AT-AZ is 50, and I'm almost certain students get in with 50 hours. They recommend 100, so aim for 100.

I started shadowing last November. Is it ok to "finish" shadowing this summer? Or should I continue to do it until I apply and potentially after then too?
I "finished" shadowing the summer I submitted application. Hit the 100 mark and I stopped. Was never brought up during interviews if I was currently shadowing or not!

Reactions: 1 users