HEY YOSH!! Or any other COMP 1st or 2nd year...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmoon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope you don't mind me picking you at random, but you seem to know about the basic science years at COMP.

I had asked a question some days ago, but it wasn't really addressed. If you would.....could you tell me, in the basic science curriculum at COMP, are you provided with adequate lecture notes OR verbatim transcriptions from lectures to the point where you MAY NOT feel the need to attend all of the lectures?? I'm hoping that there are resources such as these or on-line, which I can access because I'd like to still work some hours at my current podiatric practice while matriculating. I have a lot of down time when I'm at work and I'd like to use this to study.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

About the notes....of course they tell you that you need to attend ALL of the lectures...but there are many you can skate by without going to...and there are others that you MUST attend.

When you begin...you will have a 2nd year that will "guide" you and "show you the ropes"...give you old exams..etc and give ya the "skinny"

Notes are provided for all of the classes....and abotu 1/2 of the professors use powerpoints that you can follow along with, as well as written "handouts".

If worse comes to worse....come find me at the beginning of next year and I will be more than happy to "help" ya!!!!!

If you have any other questions....feel free to e-mail me....

Congrats.....!!!!!

Yeah, Yosh is right here. There are some classes you could probably get more done by skipping (unless you learn much better by listening to lectures) and others that are very important to attend. I think if you have had your basic sciences before and pick it up pretty quickly, you could probably still spend time at work. There is plenty that you can study in your downtime there, but just be sure not to give yourself too much work to handle as we all got pretty tired at times during the first semester. One thing that might throw you off is those anatomy labs that are usually in the afternoons.. you could skip a few classes depending on the schedule, but anatomy lab is usually the last thing for the day (I think our first semester we had anatomy lab anywhere from 2-4 times a week) so it might be a little difficult to take off for the whole afternoon... it's all relevant I'm sure and you'll figure out what will work and what doesn't.

Oh yeah, you'll have to excuse our lack of response (except for Yosh).. have a big week with our first systems exam and the end of our anatomy course final (head and neck) starting this Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I truly appreciate the information that you guys have furnished thus far. Anyone else that can add their two cents would also be welcome.

Thanks again

You are more than welcome....I am ALWAYS happy to help.....

and more than happy to bump a thread with my name on it...

If you need anything...feel free to post or e-mail me directly....

...ignore the ignorants out there....b/c there are PLENTY!

Moon,
I am a 2nd year at COMP and know of people who rarely attend lectures. I'm sure admin. is not happy about this, but even anatomy can be done with little time in the lab (by studying Netter and dead body book). I don't recommend these approaches and don't think they would work for me, but it is done. It probably depends more on you and how you learn best. There are several things you do have to be present for- OMM lab, differential dx, clinical experiences, micro labs, etc.- you wouldn't be able to miss that stuff, but everything else is "optional".

Is this the Dan from the MS-II class who is the swing daddy-o? Either that or I might be thinking about someone else...

I dunno who this Dan is either...

Hmmm....

Eric714- Nah, just trying to figure out if it's the same one or not (I don't seem to know the names or last names for any second years)

Naw, I'm not the swing daddy-o Dan. I'm one of the other five Dans in the class. I'm actually the married with a kid daddy-o Dan. Swing-dance Dan is one fly guy- get to know him!

Hey guys!

Who's the Swing Daddy-O Dan? There's too many Dan's in our class!

How 'bout that Cranial Week, eh? I am still recooperating! Whoever said it was a vacation week was lying!

Speaking of vacation week, first years, you're gonna love ICM week starting on Monday! Congrats on finishing Anatomy!

Kira

How was cranial week? As I am sure you recall...Head and Neck was a tiny world into and onto itself...

damn Pterygoid Canal....who knew soo much could happen in a KFC Chicken bucket???

and the pterygo-vaginal(or whatever the hell it is called) canal??

Hmm...What would FREUD say about this???

It is Superbowl Sunday...and now that I am sick with a head cold and sore throat...and here was a real treat....

Pink Eye....not since I was 12 have I arisen in the AM to find my eye stuck together...

I am looking like Robert Downey Jr in "Less than Zero" like a strung out crack head...

not that I would standout in Pomona with this look....

I am off to see what I can do about my EYES...oh yes...both of them now...

Maybe the good olde Clinic tomm can help me...