Violetwings929

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Florida
Status
Hi everyone! I just want to say hi and I have heard of the link at a recent pharmacy interview! I finally found it! I am so glad to read these posts and see that there are actualy "normal" people who are trying to achieve the same goal...that is...get into pharmacy school! I have recently been put onto a waiting list...good or bad thing?? What are my chances of getting a call back?? I graduated in May and now working full time at Walgreens (they can be evil..hehe). This my second time around applying...kinda bummed out about the future..any guidance to my current situation?

BESTPHARMACY

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 13, 2005
Status
Please elaborate! What school are you on the WL on? Where did you do your undergrad? GPA? PCAT? ETC?

OP
V

Violetwings929

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Florida
Status
WL for Palm Beach Atlantic University...gpa of 3.45...pcat of 73% (the new scale is werid...btw)...graduated from FSU with a Bachelors in Exercise Science. Working at Walgreens now...any more info you need????

Gizmo

?
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2004
Status
Pharmacist
I would think that being put on a waiting list is better than being rejected, so *I* think it's great! Of course, I know you would rather have been accepted right away, but there might be a spot for you if some people deny their acceptance. You're working as a tech now? Well, if you don't get in this second time around, at least you have a job in the field already, so you'll be able to get more experience when you apply next year. Don't give up! Hope you get it :)

OP
V

Violetwings929

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2005
Florida
Status
Thanks for the word of confidence...now seriously, if you haven't worked in a retail pharmacy, you have no idea what it's like...yeah it's a job and i'm learning but there is no way i'll be 50 years old and still work as a techi..no offense to the people out like that..i just don't see myself as a tech for life.

ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Visit site
Status
also one thing about waiting lists......

a lot of times they are not just based on people turning down applicants....

sometimes schools only accept students that REALLY stick out immediately in rolling admissions and then in may they review everyone they interviewed and did not deny and fill their class... at that point they have a waiting list of people that have to turn down inorder to get in.

At the same point... my school accepts 130 expecting 115 to show up...

i believe that inorder to be called in on the "waiting list" over the summer that number would have to drop below 115

it really just depends on the way the school is run