Hi, how you guys study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BABY_GHOST

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
could you guys tell me how u manage your time and how to study properly. As in my country, all the tests are written tests ( no multiple choice), therefore i have to learn by heart all my lessons. However, most of the tests i have here are multiple choice tests. It makes me lazy, i just read my assigments once or twice. Though i can do pretty good on my tests, i cannot remember the lessons after only 1 or 2 weeks. I know that this is not how it works. So, plz give me some advice about this. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

study like you did for your essay tests

I actually find essay tests a little easier than multiple choice. At least you get some points for your knowledge on an essay. Now, multiple choice is easier when you only have one choice, but our exams seem to have as choices A+B, A+B+C, A+B+C+D, B+D, D alone, etc. If you pick the answer that says A, B & C are correct, but really all of the above were correct, then you get zero points even though you knew 3/4 of the answer.

I agree with BBmuffin, study the same way as you did for essay tests. When you get into pharmacy school the multiple choice questions will kill you if you don't know every single detail. Build good study habits now.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, how would you guys prepare for the last two weeks? I am taking the PCAT on November 20th! Should I just continue doing practice tests up until the Friday night before? What was the biggest help for you all? Thanks for the advice!

dgroulx said:
I actually find essay tests a little easier than multiple choice. At least you get some points for your knowledge on an essay. Now, multiple choice is easier when you only have one choice, but our exams seem to have as choices A+B, A+B+C, A+B+C+D, B+D, D alone, etc. If you pick the answer that says A, B & C are correct, but really all of the above were correct, then you get zero points even though you knew 3/4 of the answer.

I agree with BBmuffin, study the same way as you did for essay tests. When you get into pharmacy school the multiple choice questions will kill you if you don't know every single detail. Build good study habits now.

AHHHHH TYPE K.....

*goes on a murdurous rampage*

Thanks for your advice. But, do we have to study word by word? For me and other international students, as Engl is our second language, this doesn't work. :( So, could you guys tell me how you overcame it?