hi i just need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldensnow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i am an IMG. and i have passed step 2 ck in dec, my scores was 254/99.
now i am preparing for step 1, and planning to take it in march. i have done NBME form 2 and 3. 20 days apart and got identical scores ie; 530 which is equalivant of 226,
provided i can;t improve my scores in another month, what will be my chances of getting a residency in us.
i mean if my step 1 score is around 226 and step 2 score is 254. can i get a decent residency?
any answer will be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

i should add...it depends what area you want to go into. Internal Medicine, you'd be a strong candidate. All other fields you should be alright as well. a 226 is above the US mean score. However, you may not have much chance in very competitive specialties.

USMLE scores are important in your application; the scores you mentioned are very good. Don’t forget good LORs from US faculties, high performance in medical school, US rotations, research/publications, passing USMLE step3, permanent residency status vs visa, interview performance.... Good luck