Hi Thank you everyone for answering my questions (about pharmacy schools)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icee

pre-pharmacy student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just graduated from high school, and I am going to Stony brook uninversity.I am now completed confused about the steps of becoming a pharmacist. I know I have to get into a pharmacy school. And i know there are 0-6 pharmacy programs like St.Johns and Buffalo. But St.johns doesnt accept transfer students. When should I transfer? how many years will i need to study if i transfer to a pharmacy school? I am really lost now. 6 years or 8 years??:confused::confused::confused:
thank you very much:):D

Members don't see this ad.

I just graduated from high school, and I am going to Stony brook uninversity.I am now completed confused about the steps of becoming a pharmacist. I know I have to get into a pharmacy school. And i know there are 0-6 pharmacy programs like St.Johns and Buffalo. But St.johns doesnt accept transfer students. When should I transfer? how many years will i need to study if i transfer to a pharmacy school? I am really lost now. 6 years or 8 years??:confused::confused::confused:
thank you very much:):D

Welcome to the site... This link should help you: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198059

Did you just decide to pharmacy? If you had been dead set on pharmacy in high school, you would have applied to the 0-6 programs while you were still in high school. It's probably too late to get into one of those programs now.

Instead you will have to apply to pharmacy schools after completing some undergraduate prerequisites. My advice to you is this:

1. Read the link that the above poster posted. It has good information.
2. Try and find an advisor at stony brook who can help guide you through the process.
3. Do some research. Learn what pharmacy entails and if you are still interested, learn what you need to do to apply. It's hard to answer your question because to put it frankly, you don't know what you're talking about.
4. Focus on getting good grades.

When you have a basic understanding of what you need to do when you are getting ready to apply, then start asking questions that we can help you with.