High cotton. What now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrustratedFamDoc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Things have been going really well for my practice. I joined on to the locally hospital owned group in 2012 and basically had to build my practice from scratch. Over that time, my word of mouth referral base has really picked up and there have been several other factors that have played in my favor as well. Things are going well, but almost too well.

Currently averaging about 100 patients a week, working 4 1/2 days. I've been seeing 4-7 (good) new patients a day for the past few months but am worried I won't be able to keep up with demand. Want to keep my quality of care up. Besides increasing my hours, any ideas on how I can keep up with demand?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You can't. That's why so many docs are not accepting new patients. Not enough FP to go around. The shortage is real.

Reactions: 1 users
Get a PA -- let them see your acute visits and you take the more complex ones....in time, they'll build up their patient panel but no worries there....if you're at 100/wk and getting new one's every day -- I'd say get a PA.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those are pretty much the only options (closing to new patients, working more hours, or adding a partner or mid-level).

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the help, it's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking as well.