High Humidity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyisblue

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How does high humidity resist the evaporation of sweat?

Members don't see this ad.

basicaly the air is saturated with H2O and has a less of a thirst for water. thats how i think about it

correct...now think about this...the rain forest vs the desert...in the desert you technically dont sweat vs heavy sweating in the rain forest.....why?

correct...now think about this...the rain forest vs the desert...in the desert you technically dont sweat vs heavy sweating in the rain forest.....why?

One doesn't sweat in the desert, because you're trying to conserve water, but how do you cool down? In the rain forest, there isn't really heavy sweating, but just moisture accumulation on one's body because of high humidity? I'm just guessing here.

Members don't see this ad :)
actually you LOSE MORE water in the desert because the air is very water hungry....so once you sweat its gets instantly evaporated.....so you don't feel the sweat...while in the rain forest the air is saturated and they dont want your sweat...lol...

One doesn't sweat in the desert, because you're trying to conserve water, but how do you cool down? In the rain forest, there isn't really heavy sweating, but just moisture accumulation on one's body because of high humidity? I'm just guessing here.

I'd guess that in the desert the water evaporates, thus cooling the body. That's why it's more bearable to be in a hot non-humid place than somewhere that's hot AND humid.

In the rainforest you sweat but since it's so humid you really don't lose as much water to the surrounding air. Thus your body doesn't cool as easily and you end up drenched.

So technically you're sweating in both places.

And yes your body would conserve water in the desert but it would be regulated moreso by the kidneys. Your urine would be far more concentrated.

One doesn't sweat in the desert, because you're trying to conserve water, but how do you cool down?

These guys put on more clothing to stay cool.

tunisia_travel_guide_sahara.jpg