denhyg111

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I am studying to take the dat and I’ve heard there is a new highlighting tool that can be used during the reading comprehension part of the exam. I was wondering if any of you had any input regarding this new tool. Was it easy to use? Did you find yourself wasting time? Was it actually helpful? Thanks in advance.

ChemistryDentist

D1
2+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I thought the highlighting tool was very useful back when I took the exam! When I was going through the RC sections, I would first read through the section pretty quickly and highlight any facts or points that seemed to be of importance or general value. Many of those highlighted portions would then show up in answer choices, so it made going back into the passage to look for what I thought was important so much easier!

It honestly might be worth practicing using a similar tool now. Try downloading science articles online and highlighting them with PDF viewers as you read through. Over time, you will probably become much more efficient and be better able to point out important facts!

denhyg111

2+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Thank you so much for the information! Your advise to practice highlighting pdf’s does make a lot of sense. Thank you so much once again.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.