High-Quality Audio Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milwaukee2

Reaction score
Does anyone know of high-quality podcasts hosted by doctoral-level clinicians discussing any aspect of clinical work? I have enjoyed The Testing Psychologist and want to branch out. Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard of some high quality DBT-focused podcasts including Therapists in the Wild from Drs. Liza Pincus and Molly St. Denis and To Hell and Back by Dr. Charles Swenson.

As an aside, I would like to second the title of "audio series."

I cant stand "Pod-Cast." Where is this "pod?" Are their aliens in this pod? Gremlins, maybe?

And as far as I am concerned, it is simply an "internet-radio show."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As an aside, I would like to second the title of "audio series."

I cant stand "Pod-Cast." Where is this "pod?" Are their aliens in this pod? Gremlins, maybe?

And as far as I am concerned, it is simply an "internet-radio show."
I guess it came from "broadcast" and "iPod"

Does anyone know of high-quality podcasts hosted by doctoral-level clinicians discussing any aspect of clinical work? I have enjoyed The Testing Psychologist and want to branch out. Thank you all.
I just wanted to say that I listened to The Testing Psychologist today and it's so good! I'm hooked.

I just wanted to say that I listened to The Testing Psychologist today and it's so good! I'm hooked.
And....the "interweb-radio show" continues. Where is the POD? Where are the Gremlins? It is HILARIOUS to me that a term coined in 2006 (?) is still in use to describe something that doesn't even come close to what it actually is.

What exactly is the business plan for many of these? Let's spend 1000 hours researching a topic, tell almost no one where it is precisely, and eventually put it on YouTube for free?

Last edited:
What exactly is the business plan for many of these? Let's spend 1000 hours researching a topic, tell almost no one where it is precisely, and eventually put it on YouTube for free?
Grandpa,

It's the same business model as Youtube, which is basically the same business model as all broadcast media. You show something for free, then sell ads, and data.

Rogan's podcast deal alone was $200MM. Mr. Beast has turned down a $10B offer for his youtube channel.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
And....the "interweb-radio show" continues. Where is the POD? Where are the Gremlins? It is HILARIOUS to me that a term coined in 2006 (?) is still in use to describe something that doesn't even come close to what it actually is.

Take this PRN and I promise the questions won’t matter as much.

I’m not sure exactly what the numbers are but my patient was able to quit working when she was able to consistently get close to 100k viewers. Understanding how to acquire and keep those viewers is the business model. People have been doing this for a century or so with newspapers, radio, and tv, it’s just opened up quite a bit more so that anyone can do it without going through some big company. I like the folks that do videos on how to fix things or put things together. Been quite a help a few times. Would rather watch that than some lame psychologist video any day of the week. 😀

Reactions: 1 user
The Addiction Psychologist and Quantitude are wonderful! I've also heard good things about The Black Goat, but it looks like they stopped publishing episodes back in 2020.

Seconding Quantitude - really fantastic overview of a wide variety of statistical topics from a psych lens that doesn't avoid the math!