High school marks instead of uni degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lux123

Reaction score
If I wasn't happy with my uni GPA and have not completed my degree yet, do you think it is possible to use my highschool marks instead to apply to a BSc/MD program in the UK?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You could. But, you absolutely should not.

Why? It is an issue of ethics. Academic institutions are trusting you to report your entire academic history on an application. You can think of it as an honors system; for example in likeness, by taking an exam and submitting an exam, you are agreeing that you did not cheat. By not reporting your history, you are interrupting your own academic integrity. It's an issue of ethics, certainly. If you are unhappy with your university grades, you should consider taking some "easy A" classes to boost your GPA, as well as doing your best and hustling down the in this term to perform at your best. In addition, puff yourself up by taking care to give meaning to your resume/CV and giving an accurate depiction of yourself in your essay.

Grades are not the only portion of your application. There is a reason why you give your resume, personal statement, and LORs. They really do make up for poor grades. Also, most apps have a region where you can explain bad grades or a bad term if you can: illness, difficulty with a subject, life situation, etc.

Please, also note that most applications have a disclaimer that if they do find that you've not reported your history accurately, they will trash your app. Not a situation you would want to be in! Also, remember that out of all professions, a medical doctor truly is a position in which you will constantly be faced with ethics based decisions. They want doctors who are of good character. You're not a doctor yet, so they can't judge you on the doctor you are--but, their job in weighting an application is to make a decision based off of the doctor you will be. A good way to show your character is not to hide your past.

It may seem like I'm sprouting junk, but I think if you'll take a moment to consider the bigger picture, you will understand. There are always ways to remedy grades. However, there aren't many ways to fix a white lie when it has been made.