High School Pre-Med Club

AbR124

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone have any ideas on what to do for a high school medical related club. School is already involved with HOSA so something apart. I was already thinking discussion of medical related issues and having guest speakers come and present, but any suggestions as to what else I should add to be part of the club. Would really appreciate any advice. Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

I think as a high schooler, the best thing you can do is volunteer in the community. I found that after school science outreach programs were valuable volunteering experiences. Tutoring or introducing cool science labs to middle schoolers and experiences of those sort are a lot of fun.

Personally, I would leave out the exploring medical specialties thing until undergrad. That's typically something that a university pre-med club will do anyways.

Good luck and I hope it works out!

I agree with the post above. I think bringing in a speaker or two to talk about the reality of medical school - what it's like, debt, things to think about when you're in college (esp the fact that you do NOT have to be a science major to get into med school), taking time off after college before applying...etc are all things that might be important to start discussing or at least thinking about now. I am working with a local high school to do just that.