high school student here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giggles60

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i'm finishing 10th grade and i'm really depressed because i know that i'm not going to make honor roll this semester (and this is after being on honor roll the past two semesters) and i really want to go to medical school--i'm getting so depressed!!!!! cheer me up!!!! thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Please don't get depressed over your grades! Especially not when you are so early in your journey... no matter what any of your classmates/friends/ whoever tells you, everyone has a bad semester (or year, or years, for that matter) because guess what? We are all human and entitled to get tired or not understand or whatever the case may be. As long as you know that you are doing the best that you can do, be proud of your work. If something is lacking and you can't figure out why, tell someone so that you can find a solution instead of complaining/getting depressed about it. And please, please try not to let your grades equate to your worth as a person or let them define who you are or anything like that, I think that it is easy to do when you get into such a competitive field. You are doing fine, take it easy and have yourself a good summer so you can get excited about classes when it is time to start up again.

;)

I was a total screw-up in high school (and freshman yr. of college) and I'll be starting med school in the fall. Keep your head up, anything up to this point doesnt matter. Get your priorities straight for college and start anew-you'll make it into med school if you truly try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Forget it man it's over. If you're not making honor roll in highschool, it's pretty clear you'll probably fail out of undergrad. I suggest looking at alternate careers. I am sorry.

one step at a time. worry about college admissions first. plans change. just focus on the here and now and everything else will fall into place naturally. Get your good grades and EC's in high school, and get into your dream college and kick some ass. :)

get back to us in 5 years. :)

dont...feed...the...troll!

I justt finished my sophomore year too! I think grades only have a bearing on acceptance to colleges, not med school. and grades to get into most colleges (especially public schools) don't have t be very high. Just enjoy school and do the best you can. Depression just saps your joy and hurts you. it sucks. but don't let it get to you. email me at [email protected] if you canna chat bout whatever :p

How about you survive high school first, you tool! Waa, I didn't make honor roll... waa!

I failed several courses in high school, and withdrew from many more. I ended up graduating from Cornell and going to medical school (on time). High school doesn't matter that much. Just helps with development of study skills, maybe.

thank you all soooooooo much!! you have no idea--you made me feel SO much better!!!! :D