High stat applicant with virtually no clinical experience - International schools.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Arkinades

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm currently taking a gap year and applying.

uGPA: 4.0. MCAT: 524. ~900 hours research (no pubs), 15 hours clinical volunteering, 50-60 non-clinical.
I am currently arranging some clinical activities to pursue throughout my gap year, but obviously none of that matters until I actually acquire the experience.

I am considering several international institutions, including: Sackler, BGU, Technion, Trinity College, and The Royal Academy of Surgeons. I am especially interested in Sackler and Technion.

I do realize that I have the stats (not experience) for most US schools, but I was hoping to get your opinions on how competitive I am for the aforementioned institutions.

NB: I am aware of all the hurdles faced by IMGs. In fact, I'd like to thank everyone who actively warns prospective students about these issues. I'd appreciate it if someone could gauge my chances nonetheless.

Thank you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

uGPA: 4.0. MCAT: 524. ~900 hours research (no pubs), 15 hours clinical volunteering, 50-60 non-clinical.
I am currently arranging some clinical activities to pursue throughout my gap year, but obviously none of that matters until I actually acquire the experience.

I am considering several international institutions, including: Sackler, BGU, Technion, Trinity College, and The Royal Academy of Surgeons. I am especially interested in Sackler and Technion.

I do realize that I have the stats (not experience) for most US schools, but I was hoping to get your opinions on how competitive I am for the aforementioned institutions.

NB: I am aware of all the hurdles faced by IMGs. In fact, I'd like to thank everyone who actively warns prospective students about these issues. I'd appreciate it if someone could gauge my chances nonetheless.

Thank you all.
Is this some kind of a troll joke? Why would you even think about applying to international schools with those kinds of stats? Like seriously? Might need to get yourself a brain scan lolol

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Thank you all.

This question doesn't require an answer. You should know you're competitive for all of them

If you're looking to return to the states, don't apply to these places. With your stats, attend these schools only if you wish to stay in the country where they are established.