High-Yield Embryology Versus BRS Embryology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

leagall

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the BRS Embryology book. A lot of people on the forum seem to recommend High-Yield Embryology. I looked at reviews on Amazon and someone commented that the BRS Embryology book contains he exact same content as the High-Yield Embryo book. Can anyone who has both of these books comment on this? I have a lot of loans for school and if it's true that both of the books have the same content, I would rather not order the High Yield Embryology book.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The best book you can use is the 1st edition hi yield book. You really don't need to know much embryo and the first edition of hy has it without adding a bunch of junk.....every year the text gets longer. Also, if you can find the first edition, it will be like $2

The best book you can use is the 1st edition hi yield book. You really don't need to know much embryo and the first edition of hy has it without adding a bunch of junk.....every year the text gets longer. Also, if you can find the first edition, it will be like $2

Seconded.

I used a older edition of HY. It contained everything I needed to know for Step 1 and most of everything (if not all) for class, and cost $1.00.

Members don't see this ad :)
BRS has everything High Yield has but includes a lot of extra information

Edit: BRS also has questions at the end of each section

i personally thought FA embryo was good enough for classes and for step 1