High Yield Series

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cali4nia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have anyone used the system review - High yield Heart, High Yield Lung, High yield Renal, High Yield resp., High yield Brain? Should I buy this series or just FA?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The thing is, it definitely will NOT replace FA - so if you were going for one or the other, then I would DEFINITELY do FA. Now, regarding whether or not those books should start replacing other books, I'm not so sure if they've been proven. For instance, would you really trust that these High Yield Series are going to have better pathology or physiology than BRS? I wouldn't be an early adopter ... maybe if the books were free or something I'd try them.

I will say that the only exception is HY Brain and Behavior. This book encompasses behavioral science, neuroanatomy, and other neurology, and some epi and ethics. I used it instead of getting a separate neuroanatomy book and behav science book. Fadem authors HY BnB, so it definitely has everything that HY Behav Sci has. And I think it's neuroanatomy is good (AND the guy who wrote it borrowed some pictures from Fix who wrote HY Neuroanatomy).

I just can't bring myself to trust the other ones yet!

Dear Dream Ravyn

As the author of HY Heart, Lung, and Kidney, I can assure you that the physiology, pathology, and pharmacology are more than competitive with the information in BRS. All the HY Systems books were extensively review both by medical students and faculty. You should have no worries about the quality of the content.

Dr. Ron Dudek