Step I High yield topics for Step 2

Started by tufts2004
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tufts2004

New Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

After doing some practice questions, I have been noticing that there are certain high yield topics that keep reappearing. For example, incontinence, anything OB-gyn....but maybe it's because I really need to review these areas. That may be so, but the Boards seem to really favor some topics over others. Would anyone be interested in posting some high-yield topics they have felt that the Boards emphasized, as you were studying for Boards....

Some things that seem to be important to me:

Trauma
Pediatric orthopedics
Substance abuse
Breast cancer (mass < 40, bloody nipple discharge, etc...)
Preventive health
Congenital HD
CV physical findings
Pneumothorax

Anyhow, would be interested to know what you can add.....
 
From people I have spoken with....there seems to be a disproportionate amount of Ob/Gyn and Peds...those are the "two" topics that I hear over and over are a HUGE concentration on Step II.
 
USMLE or COMLEX step II. For COMLEX step II check out the thread I started in January. All the high yeild topics are laid out there.

For the USMLE II, which I haven't taken yet, the subject matter seems to be much more straight forward. With what little motivation I have left to muster I'm using Crush step II, Advanced life support for the USMLE II (covers the ultra high yeild stuff), and a bunch o' question books.