specialk

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2002
Visit site
Status
Did anyone make higher than expected on the April MCAT? I mean, I know some of you were pleasantly surprised, but were there some of you who couldn't believe that they did so well? Just trying to make myself feel a little better before the scores come out.

mws99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
I magically did 5 points better on the real thing than I did on AAMC VI, which I took one week earlier. Anything's possible.

About the Ads

athena21

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2002
frigid cold place
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by mws99
I magically did 5 points better on the real thing than I did on AAMC VI, which I took one week earlier. Anything's possible.

yeah, but did u find the real test easier when u were taking it? or did u leave the center worried? or what? sorry, just wondering...

J

jot

when i left the test i had in mind a range of possible scores, all equally tenable to me (5 point range) - and i got a score that was a point higher than my upper guess. i thought the test was a bit harder than the aamc ones i took, so i didn't know what to think - but i knew the curve would help. just wait and see - closer closer closer goodluck

-jot

mws99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 6, 2002
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by athena21
yeah, but did u find the real test easier when u were taking it? or did u leave the center worried? or what? sorry, just wondering...

I thought I bombed it. When I took all my practice tests, I graded them within 5 minutes of finishing so I had no time to really reflect on the test without any idea of my score. But after the real thing, I could think of nothing but the questions that were difficult and assumed the worst.

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
  1. Attending Physician
lol, I magically went up 6 points from AAMC V (controlled, timed, full-effort) one week before the MCAT to the actual MCAT. 2 point increase in each sub-section. On practice exams I was consistantly around 30. I thought I bombed the VR section. Dude, it was 2 easy, 2 moderate, and 5 HARD passages. The hardest passage had 10 questions with it too! I ended up bubbling about 5 in on that passage in the last minute. Maybe that was the experimental section...

Blah, in any case, don't drive yourself nuts worrying about it!

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads