Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.

Higher than you thought?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by specialk, Sep 23, 2002.

1. specialk

specialk Member

Did anyone make higher than expected on the April MCAT? I mean, I know some of you were pleasantly surprised, but were there some of you who couldn't believe that they did so well? Just trying to make myself feel a little better before the scores come out.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. surge

surge Medicinski Znanstvenik

me :D

I almost did not return from the lunch break, that's how bad I thought I was doing...

4. mws99

mws99 Senior Member

I magically did 5 points better on the real thing than I did on AAMC VI, which I took one week earlier. Anything's possible.

5. athena21

athena21 Senior Member

yeah, but did u find the real test easier when u were taking it? or did u leave the center worried? or what? sorry, just wondering...

6. jot

jot

when i left the test i had in mind a range of possible scores, all equally tenable to me (5 point range) - and i got a score that was a point higher than my upper guess. i thought the test was a bit harder than the aamc ones i took, so i didn't know what to think - but i knew the curve would help. just wait and see - closer closer closer goodluck

-jot

7. mws99

mws99 Senior Member

I thought I bombed it. When I took all my practice tests, I graded them within 5 minutes of finishing so I had no time to really reflect on the test without any idea of my score. But after the real thing, I could think of nothing but the questions that were difficult and assumed the worst.

8. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor

Attending Physician
    lol, I magically went up 6 points from AAMC V (controlled, timed, full-effort) one week before the MCAT to the actual MCAT. 2 point increase in each sub-section. On practice exams I was consistantly around 30. I thought I bombed the VR section. Dude, it was 2 easy, 2 moderate, and 5 HARD passages. The hardest passage had 10 questions with it too! I ended up bubbling about 5 in on that passage in the last minute. Maybe that was the experimental section...

Blah, in any case, don't drive yourself nuts worrying about it!