1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Higher than you thought?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by specialk, Sep 23, 2002.

1. specialk

specialk Member
    7+ Year Member

Did anyone make higher than expected on the April MCAT? I mean, I know some of you were pleasantly surprised, but were there some of you who couldn't believe that they did so well? Just trying to make myself feel a little better before the scores come out.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. surge

surge Medicinski Znanstvenik
    10+ Year Member

me :D

I almost did not return from the lunch break, that's how bad I thought I was doing...

4. mws99

mws99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I magically did 5 points better on the real thing than I did on AAMC VI, which I took one week earlier. Anything's possible.

5. athena21

athena21 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yeah, but did u find the real test easier when u were taking it? or did u leave the center worried? or what? sorry, just wondering...

6. jot

jot

when i left the test i had in mind a range of possible scores, all equally tenable to me (5 point range) - and i got a score that was a point higher than my upper guess. i thought the test was a bit harder than the aamc ones i took, so i didn't know what to think - but i knew the curve would help. just wait and see - closer closer closer goodluck

-jot

7. mws99

mws99 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I thought I bombed it. When I took all my practice tests, I graded them within 5 minutes of finishing so I had no time to really reflect on the test without any idea of my score. But after the real thing, I could think of nothing but the questions that were difficult and assumed the worst.

8. Neuronix

Neuronix Total nerd
    Administrator Physician PhD Faculty SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    lol, I magically went up 6 points from AAMC V (controlled, timed, full-effort) one week before the MCAT to the actual MCAT. 2 point increase in each sub-section. On practice exams I was consistantly around 30. I thought I bombed the VR section. Dude, it was 2 easy, 2 moderate, and 5 HARD passages. The hardest passage had 10 questions with it too! I ended up bubbling about 5 in on that passage in the last minute. Maybe that was the experimental section...

Blah, in any case, don't drive yourself nuts worrying about it!