Highest Comlex Score 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nova09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the highest comlex score you have seen/ heard of for 2011?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Woah, that's incredible. I think he/she is lying but that's just me. For instance, someone who truly aced the exam gets like around a 700 comlex, ya know? i'm not saying 700 is better than 788, but that getting anything above like a 650 is icing on the cake considering most residencies will interview you with a 600 or above...but when someone scores a 750 they may feel justified in saying they "really" scored a 760..or 788.. But what do I know? Thanks for the comment

has anyone ever found a comlex scoring average for the different specialties? like how FA has in the front for USMLE.

I know that 650+ is usually considered your choice of specialty but what about all the areas in between 400 and 650.

has anyone ever found a comlex scoring average for the different specialties? like how FA has in the front for USMLE.

I know that 650+ is usually considered your choice of specialty but what about all the areas in between 400 and 650.

From what I've heard from residents, 550+ is a pretty good score and will net you many interviews even in Rads, Neurosurg, and Anesth. 600+ will get you an interview in practically everything.

But this is all hearsay and I really wish AOA would get their act together and start publishing these stats.

Then again, if they did that, then they'd be like our MD counterparts and we wouldn't want to be compared apples to apples with our MD colleagues now, would we?? :laugh:

I got a 900. They gave me bonus points because they liked my survey answers . :cool:
The highest I've heard at my school is 710, but that is by no means complete.

It's probably best to go with your percentile... it'll give a better idea of how you sit relative to your peers. It also makes a 650+ (~95th percentile) a lot closer to 700+ (~97th percentile) and puts it into more real terms. SD this year is 81. Plus, much like USMLE scores are skewed on SDN (avg is near a 240...), same is happening with COMLEX. I'd be interested to know what the COMLEX avg is for everyone on here. I'd guess nearly a full SD above the mean...

Hi everyone,

So I'm totally in the dark about COMLEX and what it is. Yes I know I could go read up on it and what not, but I'd appreciate it if somebody gave me a rundown. I'm an allopathic med student, but is there any benefit for me to take COMLEX (i.e. would it boost my chances of a very competitive residency entrance)? Thanks :)

Hi everyone,

So I'm totally in the dark about COMLEX and what it is. Yes I know I could go read up on it and what not, but I'd appreciate it if somebody gave me a rundown. I'm an allopathic med student, but is there any benefit for me to take COMLEX (i.e. would it boost my chances of a very competitive residency entrance)? Thanks :)

:troll:

If you're not a troll...do a google search

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

Only DOs can take the COMLEX. It's our medical licensing board exams.

Don't tell me you don't know what a DO is?? :laugh:

:troll:

If you're not a troll...do a google search

Not a troll...but thank you for all of your help :thumbup:

Only DOs can take the COMLEX. It's our medical licensing board exams.

Don't tell me you don't know what a DO is?? :laugh:

I know what a DO is but didn't know if allopathic students could take COMLEX and if they could if this would help them get into competitive residencies (i.e. show proficiency in multiple exams). To you, I give a genuine thank you :)

I am a DO student, and I'm sure people will disagree with me, but I think MDs should be able to take COMLEX IF they are able to do some electives in OMM because that is the main difference.

I am a DO student, and I'm sure people will disagree with me, but I think MDs should be able to take COMLEX IF they are able to do some electives in OMM because that is the main difference.

But MDs would never be able to pick the ethics answer about treating the patient's mind, body, and spirit and treating them as a whole rather than their symptoms!!!

But MDs would never be able to pick the ethics answer about treating the patient's mind, body, and spirit and treating them as a whole rather than their symptoms!!!

You are so right! We have gotten really good at skipping over questions on useless crap :laugh:

Why not? It, along with Level II PE, will be just one more way to funnel in money. Perplexed why this hasn't been instituted.

Why not? It, along with Level II PE, will be just one more way to funnel in money. Perplexed why this hasn't been instituted.

Very good assertion to my statement. Institutions need money and I am shocked that this has not been implemented yet

How are these numbers even possible? It doesn't even make sense with a mean of 500 and an SD of approximately 80, and 800 would be almost 4 standard deviations above the mean. Thats nuts. Whats the max score on it?

Rumors are flying around about a score in the 780's in our class. Have definitely talked to a few people who are in the low 700's.