highest score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FelixFelicius

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

have been thinking of giving the USMLE for the past few weeks, so have been reading up on it. One thing i cant figure out is, whats the highest possible 3 digit score in step 1. It doesnt say anywhere on any website...

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

have been thinking of giving the USMLE for the past few weeks, so have been reading up on it. One thing i cant figure out is, whats the highest possible 3 digit score in step 1. It doesnt say anywhere on any website...

Cheers

The score you are going to get, because there ain't anybody better than you out there. :cool:

I kid, but get ready for some badgering. No one knows, although theoretically I have heard 299?

No one really knows. 300 seems to be the general consensus but the highest scores in the country are in 270ish range from what i've observed

(even though the above poster might break the 280 mark)

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your score if you get 350/350 correct? It's probably been done since the existence of Step 1 given how smart some kids can be.

The highest on SDN over the last 5 years is a dude named Nrosigh - 273/99.

The highest that I've ever heard of is a FMG on prep4usmle.com - 276/99 :eek: (Supposedly he sent his score report to people on there for confirmation):

http://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/68010/

Do a seach next time as this question gets asked every year, often by multiple (new) posters.

Nrosigh spent 4.5 months to get 273.

If I spent 4.5 months on studying Step I I'd become one of the clinical vignette in the behavior section!

There should be a list out there with a ranking of SDNers and there Step 1 scores. And a link to there experiences...now wouldn't that be good?

Nrosigh spent 4.5 months to get 273.

If I spent 4.5 months on studying Step I I'd become one of the clinical vignette in the behavior section!

LOL, Good Yeast. The clinical vignettes are pretty awesome.

There should be a list out there with a ranking of SDNers and there Step 1 scores. And a link to there experiences...now wouldn't that be good?

Interesting idea, why don't you go back through every old step 1 experience thread and put it together for us? :laugh:

The highest on SDN over the last 5 years is a dude named Nrosigh - 273/99.

The highest that I've ever heard of is a FMG on prep4usmle.com - 276/99 :eek: (Supposedly he sent his score report to people on there for confirmation):

http://www.prep4usmle.com/forum/thread/68010/

Do a seach next time as this question gets asked every year, often by multiple (new) posters.

If I'm not mistaken UCLAStudent also got a 270'something score last year. Hers was the highest I've seen I think. Someone I know claims a member of his class (he's an attending now) got a 280. Considering it's 3rd hand I dont know that I'd believe it, although I'd imagine someone must have made a 280 before.

god, i hate this thread.

+2

someone in the experiences thread said it best...you read all these 250+ scores and think "i can do that." Then you sit back and realize...that's an insane score and being in the 99% (not the 99 2-digit score) is ridiculous!

I'm going to start a new thread..."what's the lowest USMLE score you've seen?" Get back to me in a few weeks ;)

+2

someone in the experiences thread said it best...you read all these 250+ scores and think "i can do that." Then you sit back and realize...that's an insane score and being in the 99% (not the 99 2-digit score) is ridiculous!

I'm going to start a new thread..."what's the lowest USMLE score you've seen?" Get back to me in a few weeks ;)

I have to admit, reading the score thread on SDN even makes me a little envious despite having gotten a really good score. SDN score reporting is highly self selective with generally only people who score >230 posting their scores.