Hiring Anesthesiologist in Iowa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed with this group.

+1 plug for asmg in San Diego of all places.

(Beware of cost of living though).
+1 for ASMG from me too - per my friends who work there it's as fair, flat, and transparent as it gets.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 for ASMG from me too - per my friends who work there it's as fair, flat, and transparent as it gets.
There is like 3 partners from that group in this thread and like 4-5 regulars on this forum in that group. So you're afraid to say anything bad because you'll get down voted huh? 😂

OP, I don't get why you don't disclose the buy out from the beginning.

For someone that's completely transparent, it sure took a lot of criticism to squeeze out some truths....

I'm not sure if you're trying to keep this job a secret or actually recruit people. Getting people to be interested in Iowa is hard enough without withholding vital information.

From my perspective, the lack of transparency about the buy out, the gaslighting, and the "no buy in" phrasing makes you look shady...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This job is almost assuredly a great one. Certainly in the minority of high MGMA jobs these days. It’s also in Iowa. As SaltyDog once famously asked about one of these great midwestern jobs, ‘Can I do this job from where I live on the coast?’.

Partnership tracks and large buy ins are common among most private groups as far as I can tell. The California MD only groups in my opinion are the exception and not the rule. Saying because X happens in CA or at some AMC job in Texas that it also needs to occur in every other private practice offering just isn’t realistic.

But yeah, you are all right in that the buy-in is whatever the partner track person isn’t making relative to the partners.

Reactions: 2 users
This job is almost assuredly a great one. Certainly in the minority of high MGMA jobs these days. It’s also in Iowa. As SaltyDog once famously asked about one of these great midwestern jobs, ‘Can I do this job from where I live on the coast?’.

Partnership tracks and large buy ins are common among most private groups as far as I can tell. The California MD only groups in my opinion are the exception and not the rule. Saying because X happens in CA or at some AMC job in Texas that it also needs to occur in every other private practice offering just isn’t realistic.

But yeah, you are all right in that the buy-in is whatever the partner track person isn’t making relative to the partners.
Whatevwr happened to Salty? He got tired of this lovely place?

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 3 users