Anesthesiologist position in Bismarck, ND

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Please explain how I “jumped” on you. It was an offhand comment. You seem very defensive with a chip on your shoulder.
Lighten up choco in response to my comment to a guy who called me a jerk. The same comment actually directed at you that you responded to appropriately. Why don’t you tell the guy who called me a jerk to lighten up?

Telling a woman or anyone rather to”lighten up” when they are defending themselves is classic gaslighting. And then doubling down now with “you are defensive and seem have a chip on your shoulder” even worse. More gaslighting not taking into account how your actions make people feel. It’s someone else’s fault that they don’t like your jokes and not that your supposed jokes caused harm. You do realize that people have different personalities and take in things differently no??
Leave me alone. I respond to attacks she way I see fit. And you trying to call me defensive and chip on shoulder speaks volumes about you.
You seem like a bully.
As shown by you over here calling other people ridiculous in their practice of medicine. How fitting.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lighten up choco in response to my comment to a guy who called me a jerk. The same comment actually directed at you that you responded to appropriately. Why don’t you tell the guy who called me a jerk to lighten up?

Telling a woman or anyone rather to”lighten up” when they are defending themselves is classic gaslighting. And then doubling down now with “you are defensive and seem have a chip on your shoulder” even worse. More gaslighting not taking into account how your actions make people feel. It’s someone else’s fault that they don’t like your jokes and not that your supposed jokes caused harm. You do realize that people have different personalities and take in things differently no??
Leave me alone. I respond to attacks she way I see fit. And you trying to call me defensive and chip on shoulder speaks volumes about you.
You seem like a bully.
As shown by you over here calling other people ridiculous in their practice of medicine. How fitting.
You know he could just suspend you again for ban evasion. He's being fairly gracious in that context.

Reactions: 1 user

You seem like a bully.
As shown by you over here calling other people ridiculous in their practice of medicine. How
1725126185386.jpeg

It’a joke.

Members don't see this ad :)
He said “don’t be a jerk”.

I am sure I am wrong and you are right but there is a clear difference between this and calling you a “jerk”. Knock off all the gaslighting stuff. It doean’t help your cause.

You seem like a bully.
Nobody is “attacking” you. Good grief!

You seem like a bully.
You really are choco then 😳 I wasn’t sure since you hadn’t gone on any tirades about racism or the bad white man yet

Nobody is “attacking” you. Good grief!
Don't be pedantic. When someone says to you don't be a Jerk it means precisely that they already think you are a jerk.
So tell me Oh mighty moderator, why was your original response to me so civil and then you jumped on my case when someone decided to call me a jerk? Are you not an original bully of your own and you need to wait for someone else to start the process for you in order to jump in?

You really are choco then 😳 I wasn’t sure since you hadn’t gone on any tirades about racism or the bad white man yet
Woohoo!! Would you like a Gold Medal for your investigative journalism or will a Silver do? I seem to have run out of Gold as of now.

You know he could just suspend you again for ban evasion. He's being fairly gracious in that context.
Ohh I am so scared. This is the ultimate Holy grail of All Anesthesia, Financial and Political discussions. A place full of people who are constantly measuring who has the biggest dick when it comes to who's on the right side of delivering medicine correctly, the right side of Politics and who has the most money.
I am so scared. I mean it's not like the WWW exists with plenty of other pages where I can discuss any of these topics with other people besides the mighty elite of SDN!!
I am so scared of a BAN!! I will just end up shriveling up and die from the utter humiliation of being banned from a website people make fun of due to the level of toxicity!! I am so very afraid!!
Bye.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ohh I am so scared. This is the ultimate Holy grail of All Anesthesia, Financial and Political discussions. A place full of people who are constantly measuring who has the biggest dick when it comes to who's on the right side of delivering medicine correctly, the right side of Politics and who has the most money.
I am so scared. I mean it's not like the WWW exists with plenty of other pages where I can discuss any of these topics with other people besides the mighty elite of SDN!!
I am so scared of a BAN!! I will just end up shriveling up and die from the utter humiliation of being banned from a website people make fun of due to the level of toxicity!! I am so very afraid!!
Bye.
Damn.

Members don't see this ad :)
Back to the original topic;

This job sucks and you need to offer a much better deal for anyone, even a new grad, to join.

Reactions: 2 users
OB can be pleasant if you get the nursing department and patient expectations in line. It’s the place you get thanked the most. I almost never let a fam member stay in the room; on the rare occasion they are adamant they sit in a chair in the far corner (years ago had a dad who was standing and translating during the epidural pass out). If a patient isn’t cooperative just say it is not safe to continue and start leaving the room. Epidurals are elective. Harsh but has worked to make the patient calm down for the few mins the epidural takes to place in a few instances.
And the best drug post baby out in C/S if absolutely needed is propofol (low infusion).

Reactions: 2 users
Not to derail the thread, but the whole OB thing is wild.
Y'all really using fentanyl, versed, ketamine, PRECEDEX... for an epidural placement?

What happened to setting patient expectations upfront and just getting the epidural done...
Super squirrely patients, I do exactly what Guilloti does.

Not to derail the thread, but the whole OB thing is wild.
Y'all really using fentanyl, versed, ketamine, PRECEDEX... for an epidural placement?

What happened to setting patient expectations upfront and just getting the epidural done...
Super squirrely patients, I do exactly what Guilloti does.
Doesn't even end with those. Heard of an anesthesiologist that does a remi stun. Patient doesn't remember the epidural being placed and the anesthesiologist gets 5/5 stars on review.

• Wow
Yeah epidural is elective procedure. I’m not sedating them if they can’t sit still. I understand fentanyl and versed for conscious sedation but not ketamine , precedex, or Remi Not risking over sedating them and having them aspirate. Risk is low but not taking any chances.

My MO is to take 100 of fentanyl in with me. If she seems freaked out I’ll offer some iv. Always a choice. I only offer versed for the crazies who usually are drug addicts. Unfortunately I have experienced laboring moms with positive tox screens. Thankfully rare - maybe happens once a year

Sedation before epidural placement is insane. Last thing you want is some f'ed up baby (which is fairly likely in the crazy drug user population) and then they blame you. Obviously the sedation had no effect on the baby but that doesn't mean they can't blame you. If they are too wiggly I will either tell them to stay still or this isn't happening, or offer a small dose spinal if I am feeling charitable.

Reactions: 3 users
In the time it would take for me to pull, dilute, give, and waste remi, the epidural would be done already. If they are really that hysterical, just do it lateral.

Reactions: 1 users