Histology Atlas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LowlyPremed

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can you recommend a good histology atlas? Please let me know of the pro's and con's. My school uses a digital atlas but I would like to supplement the slides in it - you know with all this free time I have in med school.

Many thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

Can you recommend a good histology atlas? Please let me know of the pro's and con's. My school uses a digital atlas but I would like to supplement the slides in it - you know with all this free time I have in med school.

Many thanks.

Gartner's Color Atlas of Histology.

Pros: Clear pictures, good captions.
Cons: Not a stand alone resource. I had to use it in conjunction with a text.

Hi all,

Many thanks.
I used Wheaters Histology and Histopath atlas. Pros: has text descriptions and intro to each topic. Cons: maybe not enough examples.

I really liked WebPath from utah website. It is on-line and has bunch of tests and image quizes. Google it. It is pretty good.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ross Histology - it has plenty of slides with explanations.

I'll second Weaters, but only the new version (it's blue and has shiny silver bits on the cover...)