Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aspire2BeOT

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to see if anyone has any insight on the school or interview process in general?

I heard it's a group interview, which I've not done before...so any pointers/advice would be welcome. Anyone who's done the interview, is there an on-site essay as well? Online says so but email doesn't indicate this.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I interviewed with Hofstra a couple weeks ago! It's a pretty relaxed interview. I was in a room with 5 other people. They asked about 4 questions, you go around the table and everyone answers. At the end there's a discussion question which you all just casually talk about. After that they take you to see a lab where you ask questions to faculty and then ask questions to current students. There was no essay at least for my group, it seems like they got rid of that.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I interviewed with Hofstra a couple weeks ago! It's a pretty relaxed interview. I was in a room with 5 other people. They asked about 4 questions, you go around the table and everyone answers. At the end there's a discussion question which you all just casually talk about. After that they take you to see a lab where you ask questions to faculty and then ask questions to current students. There was no essay at least for my group, it seems like they got rid of that.
Hi! I have my interview tomorrow and was just wondering what the questions were like? Anything that tricked you or stood out at you or were they more casual? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Thursday and just got my acceptance today with a $5,000 scholarship (I don’t know if this is per year or total, they don’t specify). But I will be declining this spot due to better offers! Good luck!

Anybody knows when was the last batch that was interviewed? I submitted my application on Jan 28th...just wondering if I still have a chance since they had interviewed so many students already.

They never responded to my application, which I sent in around September? Has anyone else experienced this? Also for those of you still interviewing: holisticstudent.com --> lifesaver

They never responded to my application, which I sent in around September? Has anyone else experienced this? Also for those of you still interviewing: holisticstudent.com --> lifesaver
Yes- submitted my application in the beginning of october and still have not heard a thing... thought i could at least get an interview but it seems like the odds are not in my favor at this point.

I applied in September then interviewed beginning of December and was waitlisted a few days later. I haven't heard of really anyone being accepted, but I've seen a lot of people get waitlisted from the first round of interviews that I was in.

After applying in October and hearing nothing, I received an email this morning saying that I was on the waitlist for an interview. Did anyone else get this email? Is this their nice way of rejecting without saying rejection?

Last edited:
I interviewed in early December and found out 3 days later that I was accepted! I am pretty set on attending Hofstra this fall but am still waiting on a couple schools.

After applying in October and hearing nothing, I received an email this morning saying that I was on the waitlist for an interview. Did anyone else get this email? Is this their nice way of rejecting without saying rejection?

Yes that’s what I got too. They said will
Get back to me in May. I never responded to that as I didn’t know what to say !!! Have you heard anything yet?

Yes that’s what I got too. They said will
Get back to me in May. I never responded to that as I didn’t know what to say !!! Have you heard anything yet?
I responded after I received that email explaining how it was my top choice and I appreciate the waitlist and they responded thank you. Nothing since then though..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone - I was accepted to Hofstra on 3/18, three days after the interview. I will be giving up my spot since I've accepted a spot from my first choice instead. I was waitlisted from three different schools so I know how frustrating this time is, but I hope my spot opens up for someone waiting soon! :clap:

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone - I was accepted to Hofstra on 3/18, three days after the interview. I will be giving up my spot since I've accepted a spot from my first choice instead. I was waitlisted from three different schools so I know how frustrating this time is, but I hope my spot opens up for someone waiting soon! :clap:
I was wait listed on 3/18, three days after the interview so I am really hoping the spot will open for me! thank you!!

I offered a seat 2 days ago after being waitlisted a few days after my interview in the beginning of December. I am going to be accepting it!

I offered a seat 2 days ago after being waitlisted a few days after my interview in the beginning of December. I am going to be accepting it!
Do you know anyone else who's been accepted off the wait list? Also would you mind if I asked what your stats are?

I was waitlisted in December and offered a seat today, but I won't be taking it. Good luck to anyone still on the waitlist! They told me they have 1 seat left.

Hi is anyone planning to attend Hofstra? I was offered a seat off the waitlist today (and accepted!!) and am now wondering if there is a way to speak with others attending next year/ meet potential roommates/ etc?

Hi is anyone planning to attend Hofstra? I was offered a seat off the waitlist today (and accepted!!) and am now wondering if there is a way to speak with others attending next year/ meet potential roommates/ etc?
Hi there! I was just wondering when you were wait listed (if you dont mind me asking). I was waitlisted in March so I'm trying to get an idea of how far down the list I am. I e-mailed them and I was told that the program was "about" full. Which I think it means that they're still waiting for people to decide on which school they want to go to and if they decide to go to another school then a spot opens for the program

I was just accepted off of the waitlist and have accepted! Did they send you any info about housing or being in touch with others in the cohort? I feel a little behind haha

Hi there! I was just wondering when you were wait listed (if you dont mind me asking). I was waitlisted in March so I'm trying to get an idea of how far down the list I am. I e-mailed them and I was told that the program was "about" full. Which I think it means that they're still waiting for people to decide on which school they want to go to and if they decide to go to another school then a spot opens for the program
was waitlisted in December

Has anyone heard anything about fieldwork? My job wants me to commit to working in the mornings before school but I do not know anything about placement. I was told I would find out soon a month ago and have not heard.

Has anyone heard anything about fieldwork? My job wants me to commit to working in the mornings before school but I do not know anything about placement. I was told I would find out soon a month ago and have not heard.
I'm not sure if we'll know this soon. We may hear about fieldwork once we start classes and get situated but I'm sure you can ask professors if your job really needs to know.

A little late to the party but I just got off the waitlist last Friday and I will be accepting. I'm registered for classes now but does anyone know any info about new student orientation/housing?

Hi everyone! I'm not sure if anyone still gets e-mail notifications about this thread but I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows anything about housing info, how to find other members in the program, or new student orientation. Thanks! p.s also looking for a few roommates- let me know if you are looking for one too!