-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra University MOT Program 2020
Started by cupcaketheot
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Update: I got accepted today 🙂 Anyone else considering?
I'm waiting to hear back! So nervous! Mind sharing a little about your prereqs?Update: I got accepted today 🙂 Anyone else considering?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My prereq classes or my stats? I hope you hear back soon 🙂I'm waiting to hear back! So nervous! Mind sharing a little about your prereqs?
I have an interview coming up with Hofstra. What were your stats?
Any tips for the interview? How long was the interview? What were the questions? How was the process like?
Thank you in advance!
Any tips for the interview? How long was the interview? What were the questions? How was the process like?
Thank you in advance!
Congrats on the interview! I didn't have the most amazing GPA but I had a lot of work experience in fields in which OT's serve. You will meet with the professors in the program and be split into 2 small groups. The professors will ask you some questions and then switch, so you can meet all of them. They were really nice and it was pretty lowkey. I am a generally nervous person and felt comfortable. There was the basic tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future as an OT. Then there were some morality questions. Then there was an opportunity to meet with everyone and ask questions about the program specifically. I would use this time to really show you did your research about Hofstra's program specifically and ask questions pertaining to it. Then some current students come in and you can ask any additional questions like housing options, etc. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Good luck!I have an interview coming up with Hofstra. What were your stats?
Any tips for the interview? How long was the interview? What were the questions? How was the process like?
Thank you in advance!
Last edited:
Stats! I got invited to interview in feb so thanks for posting about your experience of that as well!My prereq classes or my stats? I hope you hear back soon 🙂
PassionforOT
New Member
Hi! Do you mind sharing your stats? I had an interview in early December and was placed on the waitlist. I’m really eager to find out if I’m accepted
Major: Psychology
Minor: History
Undergrad GPA: 3.40
Post Undergrad GPA (prerequisites): 4.0
Observation Hours: 25 inpatient rehab, 20 pediatric
Experience: TA for kids with autism 2 years, mental health counselor 2 years, AmeriCorps member 2 years, camp counselor 3 years, captain of undergrad rugby team
Minor: History
Undergrad GPA: 3.40
Post Undergrad GPA (prerequisites): 4.0
Observation Hours: 25 inpatient rehab, 20 pediatric
Experience: TA for kids with autism 2 years, mental health counselor 2 years, AmeriCorps member 2 years, camp counselor 3 years, captain of undergrad rugby team
i am!! we should make a facebook groupUpdate: I got accepted today 🙂 Anyone else considering?
In the group interview, did they ask the same questions to all the candidates in a group? or was everyone asked a different question?
I would like to be added please! (Betsy Hilbun)Hi everyone! I made a facebook group for people who were accepted, let me know if you want to be added!
Thankful4OT
New Member
Hey, I just got accepted ! Can't wait to meet everyone! Whose doing the reception? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PassionforOT
New Member
congrats to those who got in! I emailed about the waitlist and was told they’ll let me know if there are any updates. I got into another school but Hofstra was deff a top school for me
Hey, I just got accepted ! Can't wait to meet everyone! Whose doing the reception? 🙂
Its virtual now! if you want to be added to the facebook group just give me your name and i will 🙂
I am giving up my seat at Hofstra I hope this helps someone off the waitlist. Good luck everyone in the fall and beyond
browngirl17
New Member
Hello! I was wondering if this was a group interview or was it an individual interview?Congrats on the interview! I didn't have the most amazing GPA but I had a lot of work experience in fields in which OT's serve. You will meet with the professors in the program and be split into 2 small groups. The professors will ask you some questions and then switch, so you can meet all of them. They were really nice and it was pretty lowkey. I am a generally nervous person and felt comfortable. There was the basic tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future as an OT. Then there were some morality questions. Then there was an opportunity to meet with everyone and ask questions about the program specifically. I would use this time to really show you did your research about Hofstra's program specifically and ask questions pertaining to it. Then some current students come in and you can ask any additional questions like housing options, etc. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Good luck!
FutureOT11111
Full Member
HI! I have an interview with Hofstra soon and was wondering what types of morality questions you were asked? Thanks!Congrats on the interview! I didn't have the most amazing GPA but I had a lot of work experience in fields in which OT's serve. You will meet with the professors in the program and be split into 2 small groups. The professors will ask you some questions and then switch, so you can meet all of them. They were really nice and it was pretty lowkey. I am a generally nervous person and felt comfortable. There was the basic tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in the future as an OT. Then there were some morality questions. Then there was an opportunity to meet with everyone and ask questions about the program specifically. I would use this time to really show you did your research about Hofstra's program specifically and ask questions pertaining to it. Then some current students come in and you can ask any additional questions like housing options, etc. It was about 2 1/2 hours long. Good luck!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 623
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 581
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 631