Hofstra's potential ranking 4 years from now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is a post about medical school, right? Well, that is our new med school building. Newest anatomy lab and sim center in the city. Lots of little perks too, like an unbeatable view of the Hudson and GW bridge. That is where you spend the majority of your med school.

The main hospital (Milstein) is definitely not as pretty on the outside, but the inside is decent. They have been slowly renovating. Our ED is also nearing the end of its complete overhaul since like the 80's. To be honest, real estate in NYC is very expensive and all the infrstructure is very old. It is both expensive and logistically difficult to build new buildings or renovate internally. I cannot think of a single good looking hospital in NYC. Kings County/Downstate, Cornell, NYU, Sinai, Monte/Einstein etc. cannot compare with the looks of Hopkins, Penn, or Dartmouth. I think Boston has a similar issue.

Sorry, but I think that that new building is really, really ugly. Some friends of mine at Columbia think the same. I also know some other people though who think the building looks good. I think the interior of that building is super nice (amazing views, super awesome elevators, beautiful facilities, etc.), but god it is an eyesore from the outside. Also, Columbia definitely rushed trying to complete that building for whatever reason - to showoff the building to potential donors/students? Not sure, but I remember it semi-opened and then closed down again and some floors were ruined.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good god, that trump colored school is an eyesore. And I'm talking about hospitals, not classrooms.